Thread: Shin Sakura Taisen confirmed for US launch in Spring 2020.

1. Shin Sakura Taisen confirmed for US launch in Spring 2020.

While not technically a reboot (it's set 12 years after the last game), this looks like a pretty fresh take on the series, with some new key creatives. The character designs are from the creator of Bleach, and the story is from the creator 999. The Valkyria Chronicles team seems to be handling this. Sounds PS4 exclusive at least for the time being.

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks like the production values are really there and they're going to do this justice.

2. I am looking forward to it, but the only one I spent any time with was V and I got bored before I even got to the battles.

3. 5 is probably the weakest in the series. I played 3 and 4 on Dreamcast and really loved them (although 4 was basically DLC on a disc). Never did play much of the first two.

4. This is out. Reviews are mixed but apparently the day one patch fixes a great deal of the criticisms of the combat. I am still finishing up my playthrough of the Saturn version before really digging in but my first impressions were very positive.

5. Is it similar to the new Fire Emblem that its like part strategy game part visual novel kinda game? I'm wondering how the game is structured. Is there any kinda world to explore?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bryce View Post
    Is it similar to the new Fire Emblem that its like part strategy game part visual novel kinda game? I'm wondering how the game is structured. Is there any kinda world to explore?
    So this one is pretty different from the past games in the series, which did go back and forth between visual novel/jadv, and S-RPG.

This one still switches between two styles but both have been changed up a lot. It's a bit like Catherine or Persona where you have segments of the game where you can explore these limited environments, and these are mostly focused on character interaction. Then there are wholly seperate combat chapters, and these are action-based, and feel a bit Dynasty Warriors-like.

7. That feel when your backlog is over 1000 games and you just huck the sealed copy in your closet :<

Weirdo.

9. Imagine trying to be hurtful towards a man that sleeps on a king size bed made out of BO soaked PS2 games.