Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: April 2019

1. Looks like I’ll need a very small tip for my iron then.

2. It wouldn't hurt to try the oven first, but I wouldn't be optimistic.

3. I’d rather use a heat gun. It starts out okay and then starts flickering. I’m thinking it might just be a pin or two that have bad contact.
    Last edited by gamevet; 24 Apr 2019 at 07:33 PM.

4. If you feel comfortable doing it, go for it, but most people only charge 40 - 50 bucks to do the job. Digital Press in NJ does it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. I read something years ago about an LED replacement mod that would change the red to amber or white, but I don't know if anything ever came of that. Might be worth investigating if you're going to be doing work on it.

6. I recently had the VirtualTap installed in mine, and even though they were fine, I had the modder do the lens solder fix as well while he was in there.

This was screen capped with the default framemesiter settings so its a little softer than it should be, since the resolution isn't exactly dialed in yet, and I think it had a lpf on which softens the image a bit as well.

Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I like this guy's solution. I think that is what I'm going to do, since soldering a ribbon cable can be extremely difficult.

Anyone know a place that will print a custom book cover with a pro gloss finish?

Maybe a place that prints posters and I can just cut it down?

If an 11x17 sheet is big enough to cover the book most print shops should have some glossy text weight paper that should print high quality but be thin enough to work. Some places might be able to do 12x18 but any bigger than that and you'll need to find someone with a wide format printer which most small shops don't have.

10. I picked up a pair of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-27.../dp/B00GJYRVXA

For some reason, Newegg had them for $129 a piece and threw in a $10 giftcard for each. I joined the premier thing last year so shipping was Freezle.
    Hooked them up on Monday, quite a difference from the little Energy Take bookshelf size jams I'd been using. The manual suggested biwiring them, which I'd never done before. Don't know how much it helps, but between these and my old sub there's almost too much bass. A galloping horse will shake shit off the wall. I love it.