Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 911121314 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand gamer discourse at all

Good to know I'll be fucked out my grandfather's land because my dad cant manage his credit cards.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Bingo.

Let's say you have a debt and you die, money and things you own have to cover the debt before anyone can inherited what's left.

Otherwise old people would be smart to take out massive loans they never plan on spending or paying back just so their family can inherit the money when they die.
    There's this thing called reverse morgage as well.

My brother is supposed to inherit the 10 acres of land that my mother left for him when she'd passed away. Since her passing, my dad had the house raised to put a garage underneath it. Who knows how much he owes for that crazy idea?

Boomers.

I’d really enjoy having a basement, but not enough to fucking dig one.

That’s a bit out there, imo.

5. The house I grew up in had a dirt floor basement with about 5 feet of clearance. Over the course of a year, my dad dug it down another 3 feet, made forms for the walls, and poured a concrete floor. He used a shovel to dig and an old grain excavator to move the dirt outside (which he then used to build up decorative plots around the trees in the yard and used the many rocks he dug out to make walls around the plots).

I can say a lot about that dude, but lazy he wasn't.
    Meanwhile, I've had a gameroom that's half dry walled for about 3 1/2 years.

Eh, who needs drywall

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The house I grew up in had a dirt floor basement with about 5 feet of clearance. Over the course of a year, my dad dug it down another 3 feet, made forms for the walls, and poured a concrete floor. He used a shovel to dig and an old grain excavator to move the dirt outside (which he then used to build up decorative plots around the trees in the yard and used the many rocks he dug out to make walls around the plots).

I can say a lot about that dude, but lazy he wasn't.
    Meanwhile, I've had a gameroom that's half dry walled for about 3 1/2 years.
    The older I get, the more I think "Ooh, that sounds like a fun project!"

8. Accidentally saw today's crazy bullshit- Large games are a publisher conspiracy to dominate the player's hard drive, binding them to the product. I didn't want to know people could think like that but it wandered across the screen and lodged in my eyeballs.

Back in a bit, inventing a time machine to erase videogames from history.

Maybe if they'd stop buying 128 GB ssds it wouldn't be a problem.

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Maybe if they'd stop buying 128 GB ssds it wouldn't be a problem.
    I had to buy a 2TB external HDD for my PS4, after the 1TB internal drive was full. What you get on a 50GB Blu-Ray disc does not represent the size of what a game really is, after the updates.