Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't understand gamer discourse at all

1. We are in an interesting era where the audience can mod their own games, we need a system where people can comission difficulty mods if that's what they really want. If they want to pay somebody to tweak the game, awesome.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 14 Apr 2019 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. You want a hard mode? Play with your feet.

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The Venn diagram of people saying "sorry, Sekiro just isn't for you" and people who have said "Kirby should have a hard mode" is a single circle.
    I'm for difficulty toggles either way.

I do think Kirby would be a much more revered and anticipated franchise by capital-G gamers if the games simply let you check a box and die in 3 hits instead of like 10. No big rebalancing involved, just that one toggle, the end. Maybe I'm wrong, could make big inroads on fence-sitters that like the idea of Kirby games but don't like the round-edged cakewalks they generally are in practice, could not, but the effort being asked for the option is practically nil and nothing being suggested would lose the franchise any fans. Seems silly for a publisher to just write off the idea.

I don't think From games stand to gain nearly as big a boost from people on the sidelines with an easy mode, but hey, go for that too, whatever.

Hand-eye coordination is a motor skill, like riding a bike. Luckily I developed mine when I was a stubborn child with plenty of time to waste. Same way I learned to ride a bike. Anyone can do it, it just takes some patience and time, two things most people will devote to their hobby they enjoy.

You can use training wheels as an adult if you want.

It's like learning a musical instrument, except a thousand times easier. I want to play a guitar, but I'm not good enough. I never put in the time. Do they make one that plays the song right no matter how I strum it? Should they all be made with that option to not exclude anyone from the fun of playing a guitar?

It's a silly argument. Games are an intersection of art that requires a little skill to be played correctly, like a musical instrument. You must be this good to play, and honestly the bar is pretty dang low for 99% of the games out there.

From can do whatever they want. It's fine. Naughty Dog can keep putting in easy modes for me to ignore. That's fine, too.

Sometimes the difficulty is the point. Sometimes improving at a task is the entire point of the game. See: Pac-Man, Tetris, Outrun, Jet Set Radio, Ridge Racer, etc.

People are trying to make this about story and characters too, which is dumb. They're a nice extra, but not necessary for a video game. The ability to be played is necessary, though.

6. I wish more developers saw it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I want to play a guitar, but I'm not good enough. I never put in the time. Do they make one that plays the song right no matter how I strum it? Should they all be made with that option to not exclude anyone from the fun of playing a guitar?
    Guitar absolutely has an easy mode.

You can tune a guitar to an open chord and play with one finger.

Cant tune by ear? Get a tuner. Don't want to turn the pegs? Get a robot. Don't want your guitar to ever go out of tune again ever no matter what you do? Get an evertune. It even fixes your shitty left hand technique, pulling or pushing strings with your claw hand, ect. The future is here.
    Last edited by Josh; 14 Apr 2019 at 02:11 PM.

So you're willing to spend couple 100 on dlc to make cup head easier. Because that's the argument you're making.

Alright shithead: Let's Nitpick.

A guitar is, what, $200 for something that won't make you kill yourself? A tuner is $20. Tuning to an open chord is free. Maybe a percentage of your electric and internet costs if you have to look it up.

A game is $50 still? So that DLC would be $5. An optional Easy Mode DLC for $5? I wouldn't buy it, but I don't buy anything.

That evertune and robot tuner are cheat codes. Kind of like a god mode or some sandbox shit. I don't know, do people pay for those? How did that sandbox Dead Rising game sell?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    A game is $50 still? So that DLC would be $5.
    Sadly no, Most games run 60 bucks new for standard editions. If you're a super collector whore some of the special editions like the Ultra Super Deluxe Borderlands 3 is gonna run you $250.00 because reasons.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 14 Apr 2019 at 04:21 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL