Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't understand gamer discourse at all

1. Games are fucking awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Dude, I have an evertune guitar and it is fucking magic.
    Boo, Hiss.

They're amazing.

4. Sekiro devs can do whatever they want but if I get rock hard stuck within the first two hours of your game, they can be damn sure I'm steam refunding it.

Which is sort of what happened, except this time I torrented it first and actually put about 5 hours into it and I still can't get past one of the first mini bosses. Meh. Not for me, nor is my money for them.

(And I got really damn far in Cuphead, I am not an easy quitter if your game is compelling. Shame I won't be seeing much of the rest of it)

5. Get gud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    They're amazing.
    I show people how it works by lifting the guitar by the strings and shaking the shit out of it. Still perfectly in tune - and that's with bending active.

It's maybe the single coolest guitar invention in 25 years.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Get gud.
    I really took a serious stab at it. But it's incredibly annoying when I have to clear a half dozen guys from an area before I can even legitimately approach the mini boss. Starts feeling like lots of wasted time.

I got close once, and could probably do it with another 5 tries. Kinda expect I'll be uninstalling it before then.

I've been working on Don Pachi and Progear for over a decade now. The third and fourth stages in both eat me alive still.

Someone let me know when Sekiro is $20 so AI can see what all the bitching is about. Bbobb was doing fine so I assume I would, too.

I think some people can see the game as a game and will learn tells, patterns, etc. while other people think it's about reflexes and super human reaction times.

You don't need to be that fast when you know what is going to happen next. Play smarter, not harder.

10. Someone in the Sekiro thread said it was basically next gen Punch Out. I think that's basically true! You don't have to be that fast if you play smart.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood