Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't understand gamer discourse at all

1. That's not the question, are you any good at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    That's not the question, are you any good at it?
    The response was to KOF saying that nobody wanted to be good at it. It’s been awhile since I’ve played it, but it’s one of the 1st titles I play whenever I dust off the VB. I’m okay at the game, I just don’t play the VB enough to master any of the games on it.
    Last edited by gamevet; 19 Apr 2019 at 11:28 AM.

3. I also don't get the hate for the Epic Game Store. I'll grant Epic are coming in a bit heavy-handed but luring people from the comfort of Steam won't work with a light touch. The deals Epic offers to developers for exclusivity only work if the developer takes it, and even then it's limited time. EGS is another game store like Itch.io or GOG, no more and no less.

4. fragmentation of customer base is probably the big thing people (*me) don't like about it, if I have to install yet another game store for a handful of games it just pisses me off and is subsequently why I don't have origin installed for the whole 2 games I own on that platform

plus there's situations like Rocket League that very likely would pop up again in the future

5. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    I have to install yet another game store

I don't have origin installed
    So... two?

What's funny about the "yet another desktop icon" complaint is that it's the kind of whining typically ascribed to younger millennials and gen z, but it's only us old fuckers--the people used to one game per cartridge, one bunch of games per console--making it. It's the same people who pine for the good olé days of committing to either Genesis or Super Nintendo and their respective, largely exclusive libraries for ten years complaining about having to negotiate two. desktop. icons. dividing their literal hundreds if not thousands of games.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    So... two?

What's funny about the "yet another desktop icon" complaint is that it's the kind of whining typically ascribed to younger millennials and gen z, but it's only us old fuckers--the people used to one game per cartridge, one bunch of games per console--making it. It's the same people who pine for the good olé days of committing to either Genesis or Super Nintendo and their respective, largely exclusive libraries for ten years complaining about having to negotiate two. desktop. icons. dividing their literal hundreds if not thousands of games.
    That's one factor I'll agree with. Also I forget what game it was but the software company had a game for pre-order on Steam but when Epic got the game on their store as well the game company pulled their game from steam right after saying they could only pre-order it thru the epic game store. I can understand why a lot of people would be seriously pissed off about that.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

It's annoying but it's not really a big deal? I hate Origin but I still have it because it's the only service with all the C&C games. I have no intention of signing on with Epic but sooner or later they'll have something I want. Of course if I had my way GOG would be the primary client.

8. I don't actually like Steam. I tolerate Steam, and I'd rather not have to tolerate more online stores on my desktop. If I need to use another service for an exclusive game, then I'll deal with it, though. At least it's not another AV program or Java or some shit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    That's one factor I'll agree with. Also I forget what game it was but the software company had a game for pre-order on Steam but when Epic got the game on their store as well the game company pulled their game from steam right after saying they could only pre-order it thru the epic game store. I can understand why a lot of people would be seriously pissed off about that.
    Metro: Exodus

I signed up with Epic and got the game. It’s the best Metro game that I’ve played. I haven’t finished the other 2 games.

10. Metro: Exodus was a publisher screw-up. There's simply no way they should have taken that offer.