Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't understand gamer discourse at all

1. I don't understand gamer discourse at all

So cheats are a Bad Thing now? Making an Easy mode is pandering to the weak, who are unworthy to bask in the glory of hard-earned victory? When did this stupid shit start?

Been seeing a bit too much of this in the last week or two and had to vent in a place where nobody really cares about it.

People have always been saying that kind of stuff (GameGO message boards come to mind). It's only surfaced more right now because of a kotaku article.

3. Game Genie, IDKFA/IDDQD, etc. Cheats only went away when achievements came around, from what I can tell, and I'm old plus time is passing at the rate of years per second so that was just last week. Letting people play how they want used to be seen as a value-added feature.

Eh, there's a reason I try to make it a point to not engage in these moments of Gamer Outrage. This particular issue just keeps popping up so it's unavoidable. 2019's Are Games Art? debate, I guess.

I'm all for games having cheats and various difficulty settings. If someone wants to be invincible and have no challenge, let them play that way.

If the whole purpose of a game is to be brutally hard, then yes. Stop being a pussy or find another game. This one isn't for you.

6. If a game doesn't have subtitles, fuck off if you're deaf. This game isn't for you.

If you're blind this painting isn't for you.

If you're deaf this music isn't for you.

If you're quadriplegic swimming isn't for you.

Where are we going with this?

8. Paintings/music/swimming aren't changeable, gaming is. How about letting people have fun without getting all judge-y?

9. Whatever is going on here, I'm both against it and totally for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    If the whole purpose of a game is to be brutally hard, then yes. Stop being a pussy or find another game. This one isn't for you.

OK, but how would including cheats or an easy mode affect your enjoying hard mode?

You know how much you like Doom?

I got news for you, buddy.