Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Hating On Star Wars Sequels Since 1983

1. I like that the burger prices got a response, while the new trailer that came out did not.
    I'm so proud of us all.
    Let's skip the next film and spend our money on a Triple WHOPPERŽ with Bacon & Cheese Meal instead!

2. Going back to the thread title, I saw Empire Strikes back first-run in the theater. "Luke, I am your father." broke the movie for me. I've never taken Star Wars seriously ever since. It's just such a stupid plot twist.

3. Naaaahooooooohhhhh!

4. The Rise of Skywalker is getting some very shitty reviews.

5. Yeah. General consensus is that the first half of the movie is exposition and, for some reason, adding new plot elements to this final act. After that it reverses The Last Jedi. These are presumptions but I'm going to boo when:
    - They retcon Snoke as a Palpatine clone.
    - Rey is Obi Wan's daughter (or Luke's, or any other prominent character's).
    - Finn & Poe don't get together at the end. (This is assuming the writers don't have the stones to kill one of them, which I'd be fine with.)

6. It's like they had no clear-cut, overarching storyline in mind when they started this shitty trilogy. JJ makes TFA, then Johnson makes TLJ and ignores half the shit TFA sets up, and now JJ is ignoring TLJ and tying up the plot threads TFA left dangling. It's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    These are presumptions but I'm going to boo when:
    Since I give no shits, I already read all the major spoilers. The answers are:

- They retcon Snoke as a Palpatine clone. You may be correct? This is the only one I didn't find a legit answer for, although it seems that Snoke clones appear in this movie, and they may indeed be based on Palpy. Which sounds dumb.
    - Rey is Obi Wan's daughter (or Luke's, or any other prominent character's). She's Palpatine's granddaughter! Seriously!
    - Finn & Poe don't get together at the end. (This is assuming the writers don't have the stones to kill one of them, which I'd be fine with.) Apparently they have two chicks make out in a background shot near the end for the series' first nod to the LGBT community, but no, your Finn/Poe shipping fantasies will sadly go unfulfilled. Apparently they both live but don't even appear in the final scene.

Also: They put almost zero effort into explaining how the fuck Palpatine is still alive and magically has his own Sith army (complete with old-school Star Destroyers), completely separate from the First Order. I've seen screenshots of zombie Palpatine and he's hooked up to life-support machinery and looks like fucking Davros from Doctor Who now.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 18 Dec 2019 at 11:34 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. I was hoping beyond hope that Palpatine wouldn't be alive, so much as "still around" like Obi after Vader offed him. He's there stirring shit up and Our Heroes have to figure out how to cut him out of the Force altogether.

8. As long as the cash keeps coming in, they won't care. I heard at the premiere, all these people cried at how incredible it is. lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I was hoping beyond hope that Palpatine wouldn't be alive
    Kinda cheapens the end of Jedi, IMO.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. The end of Jedi was a lost cause the second YUB NUB got taken out of canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!