Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Hating On Star Wars Sequels Since 1983

1. I hear that it’s just in the opening text crawl that some empire offshoot has revived Palpatine.

Why would you need more explanation or a better reveal than that? Fucking Abrams
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I hear that it’s just in the opening text crawl that some empire offshoot has revived Palpatine.
    You don't even get that much. Here's the actual opening crawl: https://starwarsintrocreator.kassell...iuGeiyEnmlqFGn
    Last edited by Dolemite; 18 Dec 2019 at 11:05 PM.

3. Ugh
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. THE DEAD SPEAK

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Ugh
    Do you seriously expect this movie to be any good?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. I’m stoked, all the right people are poised to hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I’m stoked, all the right people are poised to love it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I’m stoked, all the right people are poised to hate it.
    I'm not even poised to hate it. I just lost interest over the years. Hell Star Trek Discovery was pretty bad from what all I saw of it. I have kinda high hopes for Star Trek Picard.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. I'm honestly in no position to hate on Star Wars. I only skipped The Last Jedi because I found The Force Awakens so completely underwhelming. I'm actually re-considering watching TLJ after seeing Knives Out and having such a good time with it, as between KO and Looper I guess Rian Johnson maybe deserves the benefit of the doubt?

But at least TLJ had great reviews going for it. The Rise of Skywalker is in the mid-50's on Rotten Tomatoes right now, and the complaints from those who have seen it thus far are less the lame-ass "SJW Star Wars sucks" nonsense and more major story/pacing/originality issues.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. I dug the flick, but take that with a grain o' salt.

My reputation here has proven my bad taste...
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.