Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hating On Star Wars Sequels Since 1983

It isnt in their field of vision and for whatever reason they have no idea how to google or search the web. It's like they have facebook and wikedpia and nothing else. Its staggering just how much time they can put into 3 or 4 favorite things and then be completely unable to expand horizontally and not look like a dumbass.

Do they not have to deal with relatives or friends that like other stuff? Do they not have papers in late middle school or high school that make them do research? Why have they not developed this skill?

2. RotS is a mediocre sci-fi film at best, and people expect SW to change their lives so it is hugely disappointing to them. TLJ tries to be daring but end up being circling the drain.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm convinced late 70s, 80s kids are going to become their own generation in retrospect. We had the technology but a greater breath of exposure than the ones before and after. The Junkion generation, heads filled with piles and piles of media, art, games, experiences, etc.
    I've often said that we're a unique generation in the sense that we were raised in an analog age but were young enough to transition into the digital age. We have a perspective on both that no other generation has or ever will.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    RotS is a mediocre sci-fi film at best, and people expect SW to change their lives so it is hugely disappointing to them. TLJ tries to be daring but end up being circling the drain.
    Eeh...it's not anger or disappointment that has me avoiding the films. It's just that TFA was so underwhelming that I can't be bothered. And I know Rogue One is a love-it or hate-it movie, but I did enjoy that one WAY more than TFA.

I mean, I loved Star Wars as a kid but as a grown-up I'm a casual fan at best. I've seen the original trilogy so many times I honestly don't know if I could ever sit through one of them start-to-finish ever again. Lately I'm more into the comics, toys, and games more than any of the movies.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 30 Mar 2020 at 12:16 AM.

5. You should watch it just to know how awful it is. It is literally bad fan fiction.

6. TLJ pretty much turfed the entire new series. Say what you will about TFA but it was fun and set up story beats for the next two. TLJ flushed them all down the toilet for unexplained reasons and every “creative” character sequence in that movie was poorly staged except for Holdos warp speed ramming. RotS ended in a whimper trying to tie the unrelated threads together as best it could.

It was Abrams fault imo. If he had a vision for the trilogy then he should’ve seen it through and not have given it over to Rian Johnson.

7. I'd say it was Disney's fault. They spent a bigillion dollars on the franchise without any clear-cut plan for the series. The new trilogy should have been planned out start to finish before the cameras ever got rolling, not handed off movie-to-movie to different hacks indulging their every creative whim.

8. I would be happy with CG Star Wars films.
    As long as the art style isn't garbage, it would be at least as good as what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'd say it was Disney's fault. They spent a bigillion dollars on the franchise without any clear-cut plan for the series. The new trilogy should have been planned out start to finish before the cameras ever got rolling, not handed off movie-to-movie to different hacks indulging their every creative whim.
    Kind of surprised they didn't plan it better given what they spent on the parks.

10. I've finally watched the Rise of Skywalker. It was entertaining, but you really have to turn your brain off and just go along for the ride. It's like the Fast and the Furious of Sci-Fi now. The ending itself could be so torn apart for how much it got wrong, especially the use of the force. Am i wrong to say that the best thing that came out of Star Wars from Disney was the Clone Wars animated series?
    Last edited by gamevet; 05 Apr 2020 at 03:59 PM.