Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    And they're done by M2 no less, who have a proven track record as the best at porting games. $80 is fine for this. I'm tempted to actually buy the Japan model also, but I'm not that baller.
    Yeah this is my thoughts also. M2 was pretty much the only reason I pre-ordered this at the start. I remember almost doing the same for the PlayStation Classic but I'm glad I didn't waste the cash. Sony really fucked up hard on that thing and I'm sure SEGA saw and learned this lesson from the success of the Nintendo classic systems and Sony's fuck up when you half-ass shit like this. If this comes out as awesome as I think it is, SEGA's really going to have something here and I plan to 100% support them for it.

There's been some talk about the Tetris rom that apparently it's got some minor glitches while not making the game unplayable it's obvious it might have been rushed out the door. Thankfully M2 stated they're going to work on the game and repair any issues the game might have had.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 06 Jun 2019 at 06:35 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Isn't the Genesis Tetris just a port of the Sega arcade version?
    That game looks like homebrew and has goofball music.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Isn't the Genesis Tetris just a port of the Sega arcade version?
    That game looks like homebrew and has goofball music.
    Yeah I believe so but a lot of people treated it like a holy grail Genesis game since there were no more then 6 known copies left so it commanded stupidly high prices.

4. Kinda interested in this for Darius. MUSHA being left out of the USA version is a letdown though.

This isn't the Genesis Mini version of Darius, but instead someone's homebrew. It looks good, but M2 will do better I'm sure.

5. The final game list has a couple pretty interesting inclusions. Namely, Tetris was unreleased for the system (a few copies exist but it is the rarest Genesis game), and Darius appear to be a new port, possibly a completed version of a homebrew that was shown a while back.

Monster World IV's appearance in the US version is also a pleasant surprise. It's not the first time we've gotten an official English version, but it's the first time we've seen it years.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The final game list has a couple pretty interesting inclusions. Namely, Tetris was unreleased for the system (a few copies exist but it is the rarest Genesis game), and Darius appear to be a new port, possibly a completed version of a homebrew that was shown a while back.

Monster World IV's appearance in the US version is also a pleasant surprise. It's not the first time we've gotten an official English version, but it's the first time we've seen it years.
    I had a feeling you'd be all over Monster World but I'm curious as to your thoughts about all the other titles.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I had a feeling you'd be all over Monster World but I'm curious as to your thoughts about all the other titles.
    There's a ton I'd love to see added, obviously, but it's a pretty interesting lineup that seems substantially different from past compilations.

kind of surprised it isn't just the sonic sega mega collection that was on the ps3 and 360

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    There's a ton I'd love to see added, obviously, but it's a pretty interesting lineup that seems substantially different from past compilations.
    I was surprised about Castle of Illusion. It's one of my top Genesis games.

10. I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of hardware and emulation too. When this was first announced I was sure it was going to be garbage, and look how Sony fucked up theirs. But this is actually a decently competitive product compared to Nintendo's.