Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

1. Mega Drive Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

Shamelessly borrowed from Sega-16 because we don't have an official thread for this.

Genesis Mini official site: http://genesismini.sega.com/
    Mega Drive Mini (JP) official site: https://sega.jp/mdmini/
    Mega Drive Mini (EU) official site: http://megadrivemini.sega.com/

Launches worldwide September 19, 2019.

Game selection is odd.

Japan gets a single 6-button controller. Everywhere else gets two 3-button controllers.

https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/st...16730049753090

Announcement: The release date of the Mega Drive Mini, announced at Sega Fes 2018, has been moved to 2019. Development had been proceeding with the intention of releasing it this year, but with the huge response from fans, especially those abroad, we are officially preparing a North American Genesis version and a European Mega Drive version. We are planning a concurrent worldwide release.

In addition, in order to reach a level of quality that will satisfy all of the Sega fans out there, we are working with the original Mega Drive development staff to revise the design, and for the software development we are collaborating with an accomplished Japanese developer. We apologize to all of the fans for the trouble this delay may cause. For now, please wait with high expectations.
    20 of the known 40 games coming out.

Altered Beast
    Castlevania: Bloodlines
    Comix Zone
    Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Gunstar Heroes
    Shining Force
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Space Harrier II
    ToeJam & Earl
    Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
    Contra: Hard Corps
    Earthworm Jim
    Landstalker
    Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Streets of Rage 2
    Super Fantasy Zone
    Thunder Force III
    World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck

With M2 100% handling the hardware and software for this thing it's a no brainer for any classic Sega fan to order this.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I was 100% shocked about Sega getting ahold of the Disney license again. I was thinking about it earlier but I'm pretty 100% sure Aladdin and Lion King will hit this. MUSHA, Ranger X and Phantasy Star IV needs to be on this also.

3. I want the 6 button controller.

I'm sure 8bitdo will make an adapter to make the M30 work at least.

5. Yeah I really wish we were getting the 6 button controller here. If you have the 8bitdo Bluetooth version of their genesis controller, you should be able to use the tiny usb cord that came with it to use that controller with this.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. My only real regret about this thing is it took way too fucking long for Sega to wake the fuck up and realize what a piece of shit company ATgames is. So many ruined 1st impressions because of their half-assed hardware and emulation practices.

They probably never let diehards test the at games stuff.

Probably little kids and moms at the Mall of America or something

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I was 100% shocked about Sega getting ahold of the Disney license again. I was thinking about it earlier but I'm pretty 100% sure Aladdin and Lion King will hit this. MUSHA, Ranger X and Phantasy Star IV needs to be on this also.
    MUSHA was announced for the JPN version

This is nice and all, but I’m holding out for the Phillips CD-I Mini.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    They probably never let diehards test the at games stuff.

Probably little kids and moms at the Mall of America or something
    There's no "Probably" about it. The ear rape on some of the ports on Sonic was awful. I mean literally if I was one of the testers, I would have picked that unit up and thrown it in the trash in front of them. There is no fucking excuse in this day and age that emulating old hardware should be a bitch to do other then laziness & trying to milk a profit.

So far with who's making it and the game list we already know so far it's gonna kick some serious ass. I kinda had a fond memory of years ago and would have loved to see this thing on the shelves next to the SNES Classic with a kind of resurgence of the old 16bit console wars.

Also, I think Melf is the only son of a bitch who loves that pad the most. Myself, I'm getting the 6 button pad 1st chance I get!

@Vasteel: Yeah I knew about MUSHA on the JP version of the system so I'm 100% hoping it hits the U.S. side too.