Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 91112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

Never gave a shit about star fox. It always looked inferior to other stuff at the time.

2. I really liked Star Fox, and played it intensely through the first two weeks of having it, saw all the things, slot machine ending and all. Nintendo polish was real! Barely played 64, never really revisited the original.

I would have loved a Star Fox 2 at the time, but that ship sailed.

Time and a place!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 15 Jun 2019 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I don't think it's very polished, at least as far as difficulty is concerned. I could finish the game on one life, but dying on any later level is basically game over because of how weak the base weapon is.

I would have been all over the sequel back then, though.

I remember thinking Starfox was trash. I enjoyed Starfox 64, but tried to play it again sorta recently. It's trash too.

5. Star Fox was by no means a bad game, but not really a great game either, especially when compared to the stuff in the genre that preceeded it (Galaxy Force, After Burner) and the stuff that came shorly after (Panzer Dragoon).

I'm a defender of Star Fox 2, though. Even if the hardware wasn't there to pull it off, it's a fun game.

I just couldn't be bothered. I think Doom came out that year and a couple good looking star wars games in addition to all the 2d stuff still coming out. I just didn't get the hype.

I'll also say Golden Eye was garbage too. Quake 2, DF: Jedi Knight and FF7 were out that year. Why would anyone bother with Golden Eye?

8. Those games lack split-screen multiplayer, but to your point, I would rather play Quake 2 or Turok 2 on N64 than Goldeneye any day of the week.

9. I think I found Yeller's old used controller...

I bet Melf would love to have this but at the same time would have a hard time explaining to the wife where he'd fucking put it. lol
    Last edited by BonusKun; 16 Jun 2019 at 06:59 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Nah, mine had a grey start button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!