Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

1. I don't think it's a good take on those games at all. Great trying it out as a Sega Channel novelty, but holds up like garbage if you sit down with a ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Its fine in the same way the ea nonsports games were.

3. Not really, but ok

I went through MM 1-3 on it and didn't think anything negative. It was pretty cool to play them on the Genesis. The Wily Tower was a cool addition, but wasn't anything great unfortunately.

It's about as bad as Super Mario All-Stars if you go by what the internet says, aka it's fine.

Here's an SNES Drunk review I pretty much agree with, except I have spent thousands of hours with the series, and I was still fine with Wily Wars.

I wonder if he's right, and people have been playing the shitty Euro port. I've always had the Japanese Mega Drive game.

https://youtu.be/QKlx4ad5OEw

6. That seems to be the case, based on videos I'm looking at. The music sounds really slow, but do playback at 1.25x and it seems okay.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. I dunno dude, Super Mario All-Stars sucks quite a bit too. Looks wrong / sounds wrong. It's always been a case of 'if you have the option, why pick that.'

If you're cool with it, ain't nothing to me either way. I don't like it.

Sometimes I listen to versions of songs that aren't quite as good as the originals but still have some unique merit. Super Mario All Stars and Mega Man Wily Wars are like that for me. I wouldn't have put Wily Wars in the Genesis Mini but at least it's something that hasn't been re-released 20 times. Sonic Spinball can fuck off, though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Its fine in the same way the ea nonsports games were.
    Rock the Rink is AMAZING! As is NBA Street vol.2 . Try again.

10. uhm.