Thread: Sinden lightgun for LCD TVs (PC)

1. Sinden lightgun for LCD TVs (PC)

http://www.sindenlightgun.com/

Someone is designing the Sinden PC lightgun that will play on LCD TVs/monitors without extra hardware such as infra-red sensors. It's supposed to be always accurate even if you change your position or angle, with no need for an onscreen crosshair. Sinden's software puts a border around the display to help the gun calculate your aim. Hopefully something like this comes out for consoles also. I think it may well be better than using a PS Move/Wiimote type controller as a gun.

2. Guh now I want to play some Virtua Cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I hope this turns out well. I would love to have this and a steering wheel setup for Lucky & Wild.

4. Virtua Cop 3 being played on LCD TV.

Virtua Cop 3? Yes. I'll have to dig up that VC Rebirth PS2 disc someday as well.
    Time for a little wishful thinking... I hope this pushes Namco to bring out a PC port of Time Crisis 5. It wouldn't be too hard for them to make, since the TC5 arcade cabs have PC hardware.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I hope this turns out well. I would love to have this and a steering wheel setup for Lucky & Wild.
    I spent an absurd amount of quarters on Lucky & Wild, and would do so again on a proper setup.

That said, Lucky & Wild isn't a proper lightgun game, you're controlling a reticule with a joystick that looks like a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I guess that means I can just use a standard dual analog setup for it. Cool.

7. I'll grab this if it functions like it looks to, but I'll probably wait until it's actually complete rather than kickstarting it. The border seems like a really small price to pay.

8. Loved the first few Time Crisis games. This gun with those would be an instant buy

9. Grin Sinden on actual Playstation 1 & 2 consoles.

Point Blank 2 & all 3 Time Crisis are all played with the Sinden here. Our prayers have been answered. The gun is hooked up using a Raspberry Pi & an Arduino.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 03 May 2019 at 10:29 PM.

10. wonder what the lag's like in that setup