Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: May 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I got an Atari Lynx II with a complete copy of Zaku. Lynx is missing the battery cover, though.
    Zaku is awesome. See if you can track down California Games and Ninja Gaiden. That trio is my favorite on the system.

2. I have never been able to understand California Games.

Not all of the games are fun but I did surfing and hacky sack for hours.

4. I'll try biking, immediately falls off bike
    I'll try skating, immediately falls off skateboard
    I'll try surfing, etc.

I was far more interested in hopping and bopping/ shooting enemies than I was in learning that games controls- so I never did.

5. I like Footbag and Half-pipe, the other games were boring (you can make the argument that they all were).

6. I played a lot of Footbag & Surfing on there and still enjoy them. Don't really remember the others and I know I played them like 6 months ago when I found my Lynx collection.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I got an Atari Lynx II with a complete copy of Zaku. Lynx is missing the battery cover, though.

That’s the customs edition. It makes it easier to remove the batteries for a replacement after playing a single game.

I like the California games with the bike on the hill. Seeing how far you could throw that kid was a good laugh.

Lynx California Games is good but is missing way too much content. The Commodore 64 original and the Master System port are the best versions overall (all the events and each event controls smoothly). The Amiga version looks great but they botched the controls.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 16 May 2019 at 12:53 AM.

10. I just got the new(er) 8bitdo N30 control pad. The button layout is now the same as the original NES pad instead of the idiotic SNES button layout in the first version. I have to update the Retro receiver firmware but it works beautifully with the NES and definitely worth the money.

It also works with the Switch.