Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: May 2019

1. My Sega Master System Compendium backer kit came today! T-shirt and poster were bonuses for contributing to the book, I guess.

2. Astro Bot ($20) and Nier Automata: GotY ($15, which I think was a mistake?) from the Gamestop Pro Member sale yesterday.

Do you still hate plot in games? Nier will be wasted on you. You probably havent beaten nier replicant yet either.

4. I don't hate plot but I do hate cutscenes.

You should beat 1 twice. It's one of the rare instances that you could call a game art. It uses specific types of gameplay and the mechanics of the game to build its narrative.

Doing a letsplay or just jumping into 2 is doing yourself a disservice.

And before anyone argues, no one that has beaten 1 has argued against this point. The only people that say otherwise are people that have already ruined the series for themselves by watching letsplays and reading summaries.

6. I've beaten 1 and I argue against it. I like Nier 1 but the new Nier is vastly better and the references to the past game are not at all essential to playing the original.

If one has time and a good deal of patience Nier 1 is great, but you absolutely have to have both of those because if you don't go all the way in on getting the best ending the grind never pays off.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I've beaten 1 and I argue against it. I like Nier 1 but the new Nier is vastly better and the references to the past game are not at all essential to playing the original.

If one has time and a good deal of patience Nier 1 is great, but you absolutely have to have both of those because if you don't go all the way in on getting the best ending the grind never pays off.
    Quick change of subject. I have a chance to get ahold of Sonic Advance 1 & 2 complete in fair condition. Would you be interested in those?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Nier 1 has a different atmosphere/vibe to it, and I liked it more. They're both worth playing even if the combat is more refined in the sequel.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Quick change of subject. I have a chance to get ahold of Sonic Advance 1 & 2 complete in fair condition. Would you be interested in those?
    I have both of those already but thank you for asking.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

It's weird how in 2019 Sonic Advance is one of my most played GBA games still.