Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: June 2019

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I need to get some of those protective covers for my GBA and Lynx boxes. My Ms. PAC-MAN box for the Lynx is a little roughed up.

Have you checked out Switchblade II Melf?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Switchblade...oAAOSwhFFaj3Dh
    I didn't know about this one! It must be an aftermarket release, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    I thought I remember having little lynx plastic containers that held lynx games.
    The games fit fine in GB plastic cases, though they rattle around a bit.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Star Fox Zero for $7. I have a feeling this game is better than its reputation.
    It’s not.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    It’s not.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    No, it's legit. I believe it came out near the end of the Lynx's shelf time. It appears that Atari liquidated a lot of copies of that game, without a box. A boxed copy will usually set you back about $50.

You got me interested in playing some Lynx games, so I decided to dust it off yesterday. The old PSU had tape around the cord that was falling off and the Lynx would stay powered up. I tried putting new tape on it, but I think that the wires shorted out, because the power supply has a burn odor coming from it. I hope my Lynx didn't get damaged.

I just tried powering it up with batteries. I think the power supply fried it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 16 Jun 2019 at 02:52 PM.

5. I still need to get an AC adapter.

I managed to get a complete copy of Switchblade II for $15! An eBay seller has the game with manual for $10 and I found the box for $5.

6. Bloodstained is finally out. Tried it for 5mins before work this morning. Just from playing that short amount I can already tell the game really does look and feel like a sequel to SotN. Konami is going to sue someone. Definitely want to play more, it seems to be exactly what Iga promised. First impressions left me super happy.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. Got my copy of Switchblade II and am enjoying it! It's a neat little action title with some exploration elements. The lack of continues hurts it, though.

Man, I need to get this Lynx screen-modded. The default screen works fine, but a lot of detail gets lost because of it.

8. The screen is pretty painful. Zarlor Mercenary has a bunch of small objects on the ground below that look like a pixelated mess because of the screen.

KOF hooked me up with a couple of these Mario T-Shirts.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 24 Jun 2019 at 09:21 PM.

9. Kinda curious about the Zebra painting in the back. lol
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Kinda curious about the Zebra painting in the back. lol
    It’s in the spare bathroom by my office. I once had a framed print of a Dragon, that I’d bought from an artist in Scottsdale Arizona, but my wife didn’t like it. Her and her rich sister bought African style art for the house and the Zebra replace the dragon. The wall art in my office is Star Wars.