Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 57891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Konami Announces TurboGrafx-16 Minis!

1. The Nintendo 64 was the most disappointing console I ever owned. I liked Mario 64, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and that WCW wrestling game back when I played it. Most of those because of the multiplayer. I still have a fondness in my heart for Mario 64 for some reason. I preordered two N64s for launch... one for me and one for my girlfriend at the time... I really wanted that Ultra64 version of Killer Instinct that turned out to be a turd. Man those controllers were bad as well. I actually hated the N64 so much, it was the last home Nintendo console I bought or played until the switch.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. That's a shame, because Rogue Squadron 2 on the GC is the best Star Wars game ever made.

Tie Fighter, dawg. (also Battlepod)

4. KotOR!

5. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    The Nintendo 64 was the most disappointing console I ever owned. I liked Mario 64, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and that WCW wrestling game back when I played it. Most of those because of the multiplayer. I still have a fondness in my heart for Mario 64 for some reason. I preordered two N64s for launch... one for me and one for my girlfriend at the time... I really wanted that Ultra64 version of Killer Instinct that turned out to be a turd. Man those controllers were bad as well. I actually hated the N64 so much, it was the last home Nintendo console I bought or played until the switch.
    I spent the summer of 96 fretting over which system to (eventually) buy: Playstation or N64 (I didn't consider the Saturn even though in retrospect I would have loved it; Nintendo Pravda still had somewhat of a hold on me.) My at-the-time buddy renting the N64 that year and inviting us over should have been a joyous occasion, but I just... didn't care? Mario 64 was amazing but it didn't click with me? (I didn't really like analog controls at the time.) And Shadows of the Empire was the meh-est of meh. And because he had single-child syndrome even though he had a younger brother, he wouldn't let anyone play Killer Instict.

I would play it at friends' houses for years to come—specifically Goldeneye—but nothing on the system ever made me consider it "essential."

I made peace with janky polygons and bought a Playstation in 97. I ended copping an N64 for $30 in 2001.

6. I stumbled upon the Sega Saturn in May of 1995, at Toys R' Us, and immediately purchased it for $400. It was bundled with Virtua Fighter and I played the shit out of it. People complained about it's short comings, but to me, it was the arcade game. I then got Daytona USA and also played it daily for a month, before I'd bought Panzer Dragoon and later, Pebble Beach Golf. The Saturn was my console of 1995, and I would end up getting the PlayStation in January of 1996. I got the N64 at launch, and had a great time with it's 3 best games, but I ofter felt that it didn't have games as great as the Saturn and PlayStation did during that time. I have fond memories of playing Ocarina of Time, Rogue Sqaudron, Turok, Wave Race, Pilot Wings and some parts of Shadows of the Empire, but it was my least played console of the 3. There were games that I'd though that the other consoles couldn't do what the N64 did, but I'd also felt that the PlayStation had games that seemed impossible for the N64. It was probably my favorite era of gaming, just behind my times with the C64.

7. Amazon now says this will be released on May 22, 2020.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    The Nintendo 64 was the most disappointing console I ever owned. I liked Mario 64, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and that WCW wrestling game back when I played it. Most of those because of the multiplayer. I still have a fondness in my heart for Mario 64 for some reason. I preordered two N64s for launch... one for me and one for my girlfriend at the time... I really wanted that Ultra64 version of Killer Instinct that turned out to be a turd. Man those controllers were bad as well. I actually hated the N64 so much, it was the last home Nintendo console I bought or played until the switch.
    This is pretty much my feelings about the N64. The total lack of quality RPGs in general is what killed it for me. I mean the 1st party titles I played but generally I found myself picking up my PlayStation controller after I finished Zelda. I played a ton of Mario 64, Zelda, and Starfox but after that, I just couldn't find a game I wanted after that. I should have tried the Banjo games and maybe Beetle Adventure Racing but other then that, I got bored with it.

I literally skipped the Wii which I kinda regret. I did buy a Wii U on release and obviously a Switch. Nintendo is in a good spot right now so I'm hoping they keep releasing the games I want to play on that system.

Oh and falling back a bit, I was into the Gamecube day one. Fucking Star Wars Rogue Squadron II to this day looks amazing. Blew my mind playing a game like that at 60fps & don't even get me started on F-Zero, Twilight Princess, Windwaker, & a slew of other games for the Cube. I'm really happy I have all the games I bought on release back then since the retro market is so fucked right now.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 17 May 2020 at 11:04 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi128 View Post
    Amazon now says this will be released on May 22, 2020.
    Yeah, my order says that now. Really looking forward to this
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    This is pretty much my feelings about the N64. The total lack of quality RPGs in general is what killed it for me.
    For me it was the lack of fighting games, but there are so many genres that the N64 is lacking in. It has some fantastic racing/driving games and 3D platformers, but that's about it. I don't think any publisher wanted to take risks when the carts were so expensive, so we just got more of what sold well for them the year before.

How weird is it that the only Nintendo console that has six face buttons also doesn't have a single Capcom fighter, especially when PS1, Saturn, and DC got dozens?