Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Konami Announces TurboGrafx-16 Minis!

1. I got mine yesterday. Yes, you need a separate .jp account but it's easy enough as you can change the menus to English. Took about 5 days to get it.

2. Which games on it are you guys playing? I'm not well studied on TurboGrafx/PC-Engine, besides stuff like the Bonk games. Thinking about checking this out but I don't know how much I'll actually use it.

3. If you see a title that looks like a shooter, it's probably worth checking out.

4. Alien Crush is probably the only game on the TG16 mini that I would play.
    The PCE mini at least has Castlevania.

5. Ummmmm, the game lineup is virtually the same between the two of them. In fact the TG16 is the better of the two to get as it gets you Salamandar while the PCE Mini exclusives are just a couple dating sims.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Ummmmm, the game lineup is virtually the same between the two of them. In fact the TG16 is the better of the two to get as it gets you Salamandar while the PCE Mini exclusives are just a couple dating sims.
    I believe the TG also gets Splatterhouse, which the PCE/Core doesn't.

7. I just checked my Amazon.com preorder from last July. Now it says it no longer ships to Canada?! Anyway, I made a Amazon.jp account, ordered from there. Were it any other mini I wouldn't give a fuck, but the TG and Duo played a large role in my childhood. Also: what the fuck else do I have to do with my time?

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Alien Crush is probably the only game on the TG16 mini that I would play.
    The PCE mini at least has Castlevania.
    I believe there's a hidden arcade version of the Salamander in there.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    I just checked my Amazon.com preorder from last July. Now it says it no longer ships to Canada?! Anyway, I made a Amazon.jp account, ordered from there. Were it any other mini I wouldn't give a fuck, but the TG and Duo played a large role in my childhood. Also: what the fuck else do I have to do with my time?
    That's exactly how I feel about it. My biggest video game collecting regret is definitely selling my complete U.S. collection - and that's not from a $ standpoint, purely from a "which system meant the most to ME" standpoint. Dumb.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    That's exactly how I feel about it. My biggest video game collecting regret is definitely selling my complete U.S. collection - and that's not from a $ standpoint, purely from a "which system meant the most to ME" standpoint. Dumb.
    I held onto my TG16 and copy of Rondo, but sold my Duo (means to play Rondo) and my dirt cheap collection of PC Engine games, all part of a massive sell off. I do not miss my N64 (that system blows) my Neo Geo (well, don't miss it that much), or my 3DO. But I miss my those others ones something fierce. Never sell without considering what the heart will want.