Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul (July 2019)

Oh yeah, robot jox.

2. In my random driving around town today, I walked into a Pawn Shop and saw an Alien Ware Desktop for about 1grand with pretty decent specs. Looking around I saw a display case filled with a random assortment of games. PS3, PS4, DS, Switch, Xbox 1 stuff etc.

Saw a copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions for $24.99 in mint shape. I talked to the lady and offhandedly mentioned it asking if she might lower the price a little. She pulled out her phone and looked up something told me I could get it for $15.00 + tax so i said fuck it and got it.

I've heard a lot of you guys say good things about this game but I've never considered this series of RPGs before so I hope it'll be a bit of fun.

They had 3 Switch Systems all in great shape for $259.00 each. Sadly tho they never charged them as I tried to look at them to power them on. I have a feeling those won't stay in the shoppe long tho.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. I don't know if I would buy a Pawn Shop Switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Fuels a drug addict's habits while enjoying some kid's former favorite toy. What's not to love?
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 25 Jul 2019 at 06:37 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    In my random driving around town today, I walked into a Pawn Shop and saw an Alien Ware Desktop for about 1grand with pretty decent specs.
    The one thing that I've noticed about pawn shops, is that tend to way over-price PC hardware. Several months ago I was looking at a PC they had in a Pawn Shop near my house. It was a FX 6300 rig with a GTX 760. They wanted over $500 for that piece of shit.

I'd start building and flipping PCs for about $100 more than it costs for me to build it, just for the fun of it, but places like Craig's List and Let it Go are horrible places to flip hardware.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Jul 2019 at 07:49 PM.

I certainly don't mind buying a used system, but I need more than a $40 difference on a $300 handheld to sway me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I don't know if I would buy a Pawn Shop Switch.
    Would you buy a SSJN Switch tho?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. I wouldn't sell him one.
    (shipping would kill the deal)

9. There's a good chance that many of you can claim a piece of the Equifax class action settlement.
    I was reading about it on ArsTechnica instead of doing actual work on a friday afternoon, and thought y'all may want to get your hands on an easy $125.
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ent-right-now/

10. I was eligible.
    Can't wait for my $.97 check. (How much do you think 144 million people are going to get out of a $300 million settlement?)