Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: August (It's too damn hot!) 2019

1. while I get, and agree with to a point, the idea of cutting ebay/paypal fees it’s not like seller isnt swapping one overhead for another. My pricing scheme has always been to be a tad under the ebay norm- but regardless how much a seller would pay in fees, the buyer still spent what the item sold for. Buyers tend to try to overlook that part of it. I just sold a $40 item on ebay that after fees (majority of which was shipping) I net like $24. So should I have just let it sit in my store for $25? Would have made more money. But I cant stand undervaluing EVERYTHING I have just to get it to move, especially when most collectors then have to try to beat you up for an even better deal. To be honest, I think the game market is really suffering due to bad faith on both sides of the table. Every seller I’ve talked to has a story about “hooking” someone up with a deal just to see that person flip the item shortly there after, as well as dealing with jackass buyers that no matter how good a deal the item is already, have to squeeze a bit more off so they can brag how they “won.” And of course there’s just as many stories of buyers having to deal with fignut sellers. Teller the buyer one price beforehand only to jack it up last second, bait/switch, etc.

Eh, I sell things at or slightly above the sale price after fees.

3. I only trade things now, and I don't care what the going price is. If someone will give me an item I want in exchange for one I don't, I'm happy.

4. I also picked up Rush Chronicles on CD $6. The 1st CD rocks, while the 2nd CD is a bunch of meh!

I've also been itching for some more Sins of a Solar Empire, so I found a cheap digital code for Rebellion and downloaded it off of STEAM. GOG was still wanting $29 for that old game.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 19 Aug 2019 at 09:11 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    while I get, and agree with to a point, the idea of cutting ebay/paypal fees it’s not like seller isnt swapping one overhead for another. My pricing scheme has always been to be a tad under the ebay norm- but regardless how much a seller would pay in fees, the buyer still spent what the item sold for. Buyers tend to try to overlook that part of it. I just sold a $40 item on ebay that after fees (majority of which was shipping) I net like $24. So should I have just let it sit in my store for $25? Would have made more money. But I cant stand undervaluing EVERYTHING I have just to get it to move, especially when most collectors then have to try to beat you up for an even better deal. To be honest, I think the game market is really suffering due to bad faith on both sides of the table. Every seller I’ve talked to has a story about “hooking” someone up with a deal just to see that person flip the item shortly there after, as well as dealing with jackass buyers that no matter how good a deal the item is already, have to squeeze a bit more off so they can brag how they “won.” And of course there’s just as many stories of buyers having to deal with fignut sellers. Teller the buyer one price beforehand only to jack it up last second, bait/switch, etc.
    That all sounds exhausting. Sorry about physical retailers but I’m fine with buying digital these days. If there was a way to buy physical and get a digital copy like movies I would.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    while I get, and agree with to a point, the idea of cutting ebay/paypal fees it’s not like seller isnt swapping one overhead for another. My pricing scheme has always been to be a tad under the ebay norm- but regardless how much a seller would pay in fees, the buyer still spent what the item sold for. Buyers tend to try to overlook that part of it. I just sold a $40 item on ebay that after fees (majority of which was shipping) I net like $24. So should I have just let it sit in my store for $25? Would have made more money. But I cant stand undervaluing EVERYTHING I have just to get it to move, especially when most collectors then have to try to beat you up for an even better deal. To be honest, I think the game market is really suffering due to bad faith on both sides of the table. Every seller I’ve talked to has a story about “hooking” someone up with a deal just to see that person flip the item shortly there after, as well as dealing with jackass buyers that no matter how good a deal the item is already, have to squeeze a bit more off so they can brag how they “won.” And of course there’s just as many stories of buyers having to deal with fignut sellers. Teller the buyer one price beforehand only to jack it up last second, bait/switch, etc.
    I totally get that from your store perspective. I'm not asking stores to sell something for 25 when its value is 40. My only complaint are with the people at conventions. Yeah you could say they have the overhead of paying for a table, but they also have thousands of people walking past their booth each day of the con. That to me is where you should drop the ebay fees and such. Specially when I look at it as a buyer and I have no avenue if the thing I buy from you doesn't work when I get home. On ebay I can try to get a refund, leave negative feedback, or possibly go through ebay. Or from most stores where I could go back and get a replacement. There is no guarantee when I buy from bob's game booth, so yeah I fully expect to pay less then.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. It’s stupid but I get it. One of my sister stores does the ebay price plus extra shit. His view is that getting inventory is harder than it’s ever been before (true), he’s only going to see these games once in a blue moon (true), and even if 99% of customers wont pay what he asks- there’s always a1% that will(proven to be true).

Even though that’s all true, it’s stupid and greedy- and it negatively impacts me as well because people dont know that Game Craze is a loose affiliation of different owners. So if they go to one overpriced store they’ll assume we’re all overpriced. I’d rather get shit in and get it back out as quickly as possible to get capital to keep turning things over. A nice side effect of being over priced is those places tend to have a lot of cool shit laying around for people to ooo and ahhh at. But I’m in business to be a store, not a museum.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 20 Aug 2019 at 08:46 AM.

8. I like the 2 Digital Press stores here, they aren't super greedy and things are priced to sell. One owner doesn't care and let his workers price below market, the other one is much closer to ebay but always undercut because he wants inventory to move.

9. I’m heading to Houston today to do a quick site survey. They just recently opened a 2nd & Charles there, and I plan on checking it out. The Beaumont location sold most of their stuff at least 25% less than typical EBay sellers. It’ll be interesting to see if the Houston store prices are the same.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I like the 2 Digital Press stores here, they aren't super greedy and things are priced to sell. One owner doesn't care and let his workers price below market, the other one is much closer to ebay but always undercut because he wants inventory to move.
    Yeah the 2 Digital Press stores are great. Though they also seem to have a lot of foot traffic, I don't know if that is from how long the first store has been around, from them having that big forum, and other internet "fame" or just their locations. They turn around stuff super quick too. I saw the Springfield store post about getting in a Salamander Deluxe Pack for Saturn and went the next day to see how much it was and he had sold it an hour after they got it in. He said most of that Saturn haul they got in was gone the day they got it in.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.