Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: August (It's too damn hot!) 2019

Haha, that's awesome.

I always get stuck between Saturn or PS versions of shmups. It's a tough call sometimes.

2. Saturn version

That was easy.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Not necessarily, there are at least a few games that had better ports on the PS1, such as the Konami deluxe packs.

4. Some times the Saturn has issues with output resolution since it doesn't support outputting at the original Arcade res of a bunch of these games. Some times the devs just put the game in a black window that is the size of the larger output resolution of the Saturn. Konami did this for Salamander 2 on Saturn, where as the PS version just outputs at the original Arcade resolution.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. I didn't know any of this. I mostly go with Saturn (other than In The Hunt).

6. noob.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I didn't know any of this. I mostly go with Saturn (other than In The Hunt).
    Also Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Some times the Saturn has issues with output resolution since it doesn't support outputting at the original Arcade res of a bunch of these games. Some times the devs just put the game in a black window that is the size of the larger output resolution of the Saturn. Konami did this for Salamander 2 on Saturn, where as the PS version just outputs at the original Arcade resolution.
    I'd noticed that with some of the Capcom Fighters. The edges of the (arcade sized) screen appear to be cut off in CyberBots and X-Men vs. Street Fighter.
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 Aug 2019 at 08:24 PM.

8. Yeah, capcom fighters on Saturn are odd. Most of them have the option of having the arcade sized playfield, but that results in the characters being in the overscan area when in the corner. It's not really a problem if you have a decent monitor, but if you're trying to play on grandma's Curtis Mathes console TV, the characters just disappear off the edge of the screen.
    Last edited by kedawa; 13 Aug 2019 at 09:21 PM.

9. Yeah with the Capcom fighters, and some other games its a trade off. Get all the frames of animation but have the screen slightly cut off, or you know drop like 1/2 the frames but have the right resolution. Honestly the resolution stuff is less problematic to me than the loss of frames of animation. When they can put the gameplay window into a black screen so that it maintains the correct arcade aspect ratio and scale I'm ok with that. I'll take that over, stretching the image or not integer scaling it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Gamestop must be getting desperate... they are running a trade-in promo of +$5 per game (as long as the value is at least $2). I traded in about 30 loose games and got an XB1X Gold Rush edition and a few other titles and still have $40 credit left over.