Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: The Mandalorian

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I hate that I can't remember for sure since it wasn't too long ago, but don't all the targets have fairly advanced DNA-tracking things? But the nature of Baby Yoda's bounty was why it was the blinky fob thing?
    Maybe the bounty hunters are expected to randomly fly all around the galaxy until the little red light on the fob starts blinking faster and faster. "Shit, it's slowing down again. Must have been that last solar system."

    Maybe Drew was right.

  2. #62
    Blog Entries
    2
    The new movies suffer from the same kind of roller-coaster plotting that Marvel movies have. I enjoy the spectacle the first time through, but itís rough for me to enjoy watching them multiple times. Everyone is rushing to get to the next set piece.

    Thereís no need to bring up diversity. I was thinking the other day that none of the characters introduced in these movies are compelling enough for me to want to see them in any side stories. Maybe thatís part of me being old, but give me Marvel or Game of Thrones and these characters would be fun to watch doing more adventures. I really donít care about seeing Rey save her friends again, or Kylo do sword fighting. Mayyybe I would like to see the silver Storm Trooper who is constantly getting pushed off-screen, but none of the main characters have kept my interest.

    I think The Last Jedi was interesting from a meta perspective. A lot of the stuff on screen felt like it was talking directly to the audience about Star Wars. There were some fun sequences, but they mostly piss off the fans. I enjoyed it overall, but Iím hesitant to revisit it.


    I watched whatís available of The Mandalorian. It took me an episode to get into it, but I started to enjoy the vibe. Itís a pretty mellow show that Iím enjoying in a laid back way. I let it play while doing other things and had a good time with it. Set up in 1-3 was pretty good. 4 and 5 are episodic and either could have been left out, but they arenít great standalone stories that I need to revisit.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Mayyybe I would like to see the silver Storm Trooper who is constantly getting pushed off-screen
    I was hoping that Phasma would end up being more than she was. Oh, well.

    Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Actually, now that I have Disney+, I was planning on giving Clone Wars a go. I haven't really watched it aside from some clips on YouTube.

    BTW, is Rebels any good?
    Clone Wars starts a bit slow but then picks up steam fast. Seasons 3-5 are incredible and shed lots of light on the Mandalorians and lots of characters that are just scenery in the movies. The series just adds so much depth to the prequel world. Rebels is also fantastic. JEJ as Darth Vader! Thrawn! Lots of nods to Clone Wars and the movies and some great voice work and stories. Highly recommended.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Maybe the bounty hunters are expected to randomly fly all around the galaxy until the little red light on the fob starts blinking faster and faster. "Shit, it's slowing down again. Must have been that last solar system."

    Maybe Drew was right.
    I mean Mando used the exact device to track Baby Yoda so I assume he knew how it worked? I canít recall if they had any foreshadowing that theyíd been made at the bar ahead of village storyline beginning. But thatís preferable to a magic beeper that mysteriously tracks random people around the galaxy.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 12 Dec 2019 at 01:13 AM.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I mean Mando used the exact device to track Baby Yoda so I assume he knew how it worked?
    Oh yeah he def knew AND there was a scene where he asked Herzog how many beepers there were, with the answer being lots.

    With stuff like this I definitely need an explanation, I just don't need one right at the moment the thing happens. As long as something gets explained before the final "the end" I'm cool. As I mentioned, though, I'm guessing that whatever is running the hot/cold beeper fob ties into Rise of Skywalker & clones and shit.
    - calianaderderajhfjdjjdskk

  7. Maybe it's bluetooth.

  8. I'm pretty sure in either Episode 1 or Episode 2 it did say it was DNA based tracking, vs the thing being tracked having a tracker on them.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I'm pretty sure in either Episode 1 or Episode 2 it did say it was DNA based tracking, vs the thing being tracked having a tracker on them.
    Yeah, I definitely had it in my head from the start. The main q is: How/why do they have all this DNA, most specifically for Baby Yoda?

    They're All Clones From Some Original People Generations Ago And The Emperor Is Playing Out Some Strange Matrix/Chess Hybrid Fantasy Thing: A Star Wars Story
    - calianaderderajhfjdjjdskk

  10. You can track DNA across outer space?

    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Clone Wars starts a bit slow but then picks up steam fast. Seasons 3-5 are incredible and shed lots of light on the Mandalorians and lots of characters that are just scenery in the movies. The series just adds so much depth to the prequel world. Rebels is also fantastic. JEJ as Darth Vader! Thrawn! Lots of nods to Clone Wars and the movies and some great voice work and stories. Highly recommended.
    Thanks!

    Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo