Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    You can track DNA across outer space?
    They can track stuff through hyperspace, so why not?

2. Maybe it's a genetically encoded biological transmitter that uses Baby Yoda's midi-chlorians to transmit a pulse through hyper-space using the force. Or maybe a wizard built them. It doesn't really matter. It can't be shot or blown up.

What might be relevant to the plot is whether or not the bad guys can make more trackers without Baby Yoda.

3. The thing that bugs me is that it isn't tied exclusively to The Child - this is apparently a standard thing for bounty jobs. Take job, get fob. Which means getting a fix on someone must be very easy. Which means the second there's a price on your head, your life becomes a hell of constantly fending off bounty hunters - but that doesn't jibe with what we saw in the Original Trilogy; Han was able to hide out on Hoth for god only knows how long. If this tech exists, fuck probe droids, all the Empire needed to do was get a fob for Han from Jabba and bam, there's the rebel base. Hell, never mind Han, they ought to be able to make one for Leia themselves after having her in custody on the Death Star, so they didn't even need to bug the Falcon to find the Yavin base.

Plus it cheapens the whole notion of the bounty hunting profession - turns out there's no detective work or tracking skill involved, you just follow the goddamn Capsule Corporation Dragon Ball radar and all that actually matters is whether you can get the drop on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    They can track stuff through hyperspace, so why not?
    I guess it's called "sci-fi" for a reason, huh?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. When the Madalorian initially got the tracker for Yoba it had a very limited sequence compared to what is typically given and only had his age... correct?

Sci-fi... yep. Maybe they received more of that sequence when they had him captured in the lab.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Much, much better episode this week, although I'm annoyed that Mando let those assholes live, especially after Bill Burr DROPPED BABY YODA.

Only two episodes left this season...I don't mind the approach they're taking, but I hope they start moving the story forward starting next week. Time's a-wastin'.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I'm pretty sure in either Episode 1 or Episode 2 it did say it was DNA based tracking, vs the thing being tracked having a tracker on them.
    It’s just weird he’d try and abandon the kid to a backwater village (that couldn’t even fend off nearby raiders) if he knew Baby Yoda could be tracked so easily. I assume there’ll be at least a tiny explanation. But because he competently was shown in ep 1 using the tracker himself it bothered me a bit as lazy and convenient writing. “We need a scary scene to get them to leave the planet. Have a bounty hunter magically show up and ruin Mandalorians plan.“ Mando comes across as so incompetent in many of these episodes for faulty tactics.

An embedded tracker. A force tracker. Whatever. Just explain why Mando couldn’t‘ve known.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 14 Dec 2019 at 09:30 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Mando comes across as so incompetent in many of these episodes for faulty tactics.
    That's the one thing that bugged me about last night's episode. I saw the double-cross coming from a mile away and he just fell for it. Shit, I was hoping he'd stick a gun in Burr's face just for picking up the kid, let alone dropping him. Mando needs to start killing a little more indiscriminately.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    The thing that bugs me is that it isn't tied exclusively to The Child - this is apparently a standard thing for bounty jobs. Take job, get fob. Which means getting a fix on someone must be very easy. Which means the second there's a price on your head, your life becomes a hell of constantly fending off bounty hunters - but that doesn't jibe with what we saw in the Original Trilogy; Han was able to hide out on Hoth for god only knows how long. If this tech exists, fuck probe droids, all the Empire needed to do was get a fob for Han from Jabba and bam, there's the rebel base. Hell, never mind Han, they ought to be able to make one for Leia themselves after having her in custody on the Death Star, so they didn't even need to bug the Falcon to find the Yavin base.

Plus it cheapens the whole notion of the bounty hunting profession - turns out there's no detective work or tracking skill involved, you just follow the goddamn Capsule Corporation Dragon Ball radar and all that actually matters is whether you can get the drop on the target.
    I mean the things don’t have a screen, or interface apart from beeping, it’s not like you could wave it in the night sky, hyper jump a parsec in the direction, wave it around, hyper jump another parsec, etc. Didn’t they only “ go off” when the child was close to the guild cantina even though it was in the nearby lab all that time?

I took it as, find the job in the galaxy, and the fob will help you when you’re a football pitch close.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

10. That would make sense as to why they passed so many of them out. Spread as wide a net as possible and hope some one gets lucky. Also explains Mando’s idea of leaving the kid on the backwater planet no one would have any interest in.