Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

1. I dunno. For decades fanboys have been cooking up all sorts of wacky scenarios for how their hero has managed to escape the damn sarlacc pit. But since he's going to be in season 2 I guess they're going to throw all of those ideas in a hat and pick one.

or just not tell you

3. Maybe!

4. Damn I used to love grinding the gears of Star Wars nerds that Fett getting out was a fanfic storyline.

I’d prefer it that way though. I feel sci fi often has a “too much of a good thing...” complex where they run every side character out beyond their actual value to a story.

Its better to leave bread crumbs and be a little mysterious. Gives nerds something to talk about.

Besides, by the time they get to the point of fleshing out side characters, they've handed it off to people that don't care about the prosperity and are just trying to flesh out their resumes. And those types of people always put out slocky trash.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Its better to leave bread crumbs and be a little mysterious. Gives nerds something to talk about.

Besides, by the time they get to the point of fleshing out side characters, they've handed it off to people that don't care about the prosperity and are just trying to flesh out their resumes. And those types of people always put out slocky trash.
    True, but I don't think that'll be the case with Jon Favreau. He did a really good job with season 1.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. A few of the episodes wavered but overall it was excellent. If they’re tying things to extended universe (like Moff Gideon owning the dark saber) then why not do it w Fett I guess.

8. Anyone watching the Disney Gallery thing?

Dave Filoni: Delivers heartfelt, 20 minute speech about how much he loves Star Wars – including the prequels – with examples of it being all about family even though it's this fantastic universe and that's why it changed his life.

Person: "Sir? This is a Wendy's."

I do enjoy a frosty

10. Anyone watching season 2?

I like how quickly they're answering some of the big questions from season 1 but introducing newer, bigger questions. I haven't watched the animated series so I'm not as excited to see some of these characters but the name drop in today's episode got me excited.

Looks like I'll need to pick up the new Thrawn books, since the old ones were de-canon'ed when Disney bought the franchise up. He was always my favorite character, so I'll be really keen to see how they link him into this – and whether we get to see him on screen. That'd be awesome.