Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Great season finale, but WE DIDN'T NEED TO SEE MANDO'S FACE FUCKING SHIT

In better news, love that Mando finally got a jetpack. Also, a darksaber popped up at the end! Neat.

Didn't need to see his face, though. And it seems that Pedro Pascal DID accidentally spoil Mando's real name in an interview early on, lol.

The opening with the two biker scouts just hanging out was hilarious.

Moff Gideon having the heroes cornered and then giving them all the way until nightfall to escape surrender was a little ridiculous.

Also, bummer that IG-11 died.

Anyway, can't wait for season 2, which has already been filming since November.
    Thematically I think it went well w his acceptance of IG-11 as more than just a brainless droid. I think the last episode was the best of the lot. Mando does well with characters to offset his terse stoicism. I know modern comics love the Lone Ranger trope but for shows it leads to overly prolonged pacing that diminishes story if nothing is established. Mandalorian never chewed the scenery beyond it’s welcome but episodes 4-6 definitely skirted the line and suffered from it a tad.

Episode 7 & 8 were terrific. The scenes with excess time served a purpose to establish both IG-11 and Moff (and were hilarious). Season 2 can’t come soon enough.

Why keep Disney+ now though? I watched all the animated classics and Marvels I wanted to since Ait launched. Part of me wishes they just added channels to Netflix and put all their shit back on it though.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 30 Dec 2019 at 12:28 AM.

2. Season 2 was announced for fall 2020. It's going to be a long, painful wait.

3. Well at least that means they're not rushing the fx and such. They were filming stuff for Season 2 like a month or two back, so it sounds like they're taking at least a full year for the VFX work.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Well, season one was the equivalent of what, two movies in length? Considering the effects quality, if season two is the same then that's actually pretty quick turnaround.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 30 Dec 2019 at 11:39 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. It’s up to Disney+ to offer more shows to hook us until then.

6. They've got a bunch in the works. No idea when they're due out, however.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. I'll watch this again next summer. I hope the toys are cool.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Also, a darksaber popped up at the end! Neat.
    THE Darksaber. There's one, and Gideon having it (presumably by having stolen it in the Great Purge) is a big deal. It's basically the Sword in the Stone for Mandalorians.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Ah. Didn't know it was unique!

10. BTW, I can't believe Gideon is Buggin' Out from Do The Right Thing. lol.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Jan 2020 at 12:29 AM.