Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 91112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

1. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Looks like I'll need to pick up the new Thrawn books, since the old ones were de-canon'ed when Disney bought the franchise up. He was always my favorite character, so I'll be really keen to see how they link him into this – and whether we get to see him on screen. That'd be awesome.
    He's the main antagonist in most of the Rebels animated series, he's very similar but not exactly the same as his Legends self. Can't wait to see more of him.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. I LOVE season 1, but I thought season 2 got off to a slow start with episode 1 (despite making Boba Fett being still alive canon, which is a great thing) and episode 2 (snow spider planet). But HOLY SHIT did business pick up from there. Episodes 3-5 have been pure fucking fire, and I can't wait to see how the last 3 episodes turn out.

Never expected this show to basically become a live-action Clone Wars but there it is. So far it's better than ANY Disney Star Wars theatrical release (I did like Rogue One, but the main sequel trilogy & Solo are total ass).

If all Star Wars was like Mando I'd be the biggest Star Wars fan ever. Kathleen Kennedy must be shaking in her fucking boots, as she almost killed the franchise. I say kick that bitch to the curb and give Jon Favreau the keys to the kingdom.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Solo was okay for me. It showed us why Han didn't trust anyone.

4. Ehh I didn’t mind it either but I think it’s because The Last Jedi was so allergic to fun. It went out of its way to undo the events set in movie 1. And it went too obvious in making everything about social reform (all the woman-commander-brigade railing against Po’s hot take masculinity). Solo at least had train heists and stuff. But it... wasn’t great.

Mandalorian is fantastic through and through. I’ve enjoyed this season a lot (though I agree w the mob that the writers were a bit too cruel to that immigrant gecko mother lol).

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Kathleen Kennedy must be shaking in her fucking boots, as she almost killed the franchise. I say kick that bitch to the curb and give Jon Favreau the keys to the kingdom.
    Yep. Favreau knows when to push the gas and when to break in these things probably from his work on the Marvel franchise. If you notice the earlier episodes were only 35m long while the last ep was 47. He’s picking and choosing where to spend budget and cutting time to keep quality high.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    So far it's better than ANY Disney Star Wars theatrical release (I did like Rogue One, but the main sequel trilogy & Solo are total ass).
    I actually really liked TLJ in spite of that ridiculous Finn/Rose side quest. In terms of the movies, TLJ and Empire are up there at the top for me. I was really psyched about Rey being nobody & Snoke just being a failed experiment, so aside from how truly awful TRoS was, I was so pissed that they jettisoned those ideas so poorly I can't even think of a worse way to do it. The Luke/Kylo fight was rad, especially because I noticed the deception on first viewing, and I think Luke's death was a satisfying way to show he learned from his past. But I recognize I'm in the minority on TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Solo was okay for me. It showed us why Han didn't trust anyone.
    Yeah, Solo wasn't awful for me. Sort of a fun, useless bit of backstory. But I liked that it left a couple ends open for future stuff – Enfys Nest, Daenerys, Maul. I really liked Rogue One. I thought it was well written and, of course, that end scene with Vader was great. Everyone seems to have hated uncanny Leia more than uncanny Tarkin but it's the opposite for me. I think my favorite thing about Rogue One was that everyone in that final sequence did their part, sacrificing themselves without even knowing whether the rest of the plan was working properly. Didn't think I needed that kind of hope in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    If all Star Wars was like Mando I'd be the biggest Star Wars fan ever.
    Yup. I really dig this show. That last episode struck a bunch of Kurosawa chords for me, but it's just really well done all around. This season's been getting a lot of flak for the formulaic stuff but I recognize it's all groundwork so I'm fine with it. And, I mean, if I get to see my absolute favorite character on screen, live action, then all is good.

7. Holy fucking shit that season 2 finale. And be sure to stay after the credits!

Great ending to a great season. Sucks we literally have to wait a year (Christmas 2021) for S3.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Wow. That was great.
    I’m excited and worried by the amount of star wars shows they have in production. But based on this last season of Mando, goddamnit I’m in.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 18 Dec 2020 at 09:00 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

9. I didn't really care for that last episode, actually. Still like the series & look forward to more.

10. The bad guys were underwhelming and silly, but I liked how it wrapped up.
    So far the series has been great in most respects. The action choreography definitely brings it down sometimes, and there are some very dubious plot points, but it's made me like Star Wars again.