Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

1. The Mandalorian

The best Boba Fett show without Boba Fett is coming soon. I don't have Disney+ subscribed yet, but I'm seriously considering it just for this show.

Thoughts?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Is the whole season releasing at once?

3. Nope, weekly I believe.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. Yeah, it seems most - if not all - steaming services are going to start spreading their shows out going forward.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. The show is debuting tomorrow and there are still no reviews. Disney has said that the reason they haven't sent screeners to critics is because there's supposed to be a pretty big spoiler early on that they want to avoid leaking. One theory about said spoiler (that I'm cutting and pasting from Forbes) is that:

The Mandalorian is actually going to be a show about Boba Fett. Pascal is playing Fett inside new armor. The previews obscure this fact, but it’s definitely weird the character is not named, and I believe this is a “Fett crawled out of the Sarlacc pit” situation that echoes developments from the old expanded universe, and that may in fact be revealed in the pilot. This is a theory I’ve held for a long time, and now even more so with all this talk about an early plot turn that Disney doesn’t want revealed. I simply don’t know what else it would be, if this is supposed to be a story pretty much entirely disconnected from the rest of Star Wars. I could be wrong and it might be something else, but we’re not going to know until Tuesday.

If it ends up being true, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I was growing used to the idea that the Mandalorian was a different character, although it would be cool to finally have Fett surviving the Sarlacc to be canon. I mean, the similarities between the two couldn't be more blatant, although Mandy doesn't have the stupid New Zealand accent they stuck Fett with after the Prequels...we shall see!
    Last edited by Dolemite; 11 Nov 2019 at 07:07 PM.

6. Just watched the first episode and I really like it so far. Felt more like "Star Wars" than any of the newer movies to me.

And that "spoiler" isn't at all what you're thinking, although it doesn't negate it from happening later either.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Just watched the first episode and I really like it so far. Felt more like "Star Wars" than any of the newer movies to me.
    Glad to hear that! I'll probably end up subscribing sooner or later. Possibly sooner. I know I have to eventually get it no matter what, since my girlfriend is way exited about the upcoming Loki show.

And that "spoiler" isn't at all what you're thinking, although it doesn't negate it from happening later either.
    I'm kinda fine with it going either way, really. But the "spoiler" theory wasn't mine, I just got it from a Forbes writer. That didn't even occur to me as a possibility until I read that.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 13 Nov 2019 at 11:40 AM.

8. ^ havent read anything previous because I’ve not finished the ep.

I put this on last night to fall asleep to, and it worked like a charm. The bits I did see were far from impressive. We got the INCREDIBLY cliched standard western opening. We got several frozen Hans ‘cause member thar? We got a not Slave 1, but darn if it doesnt look a lot like Slave 1. We got the cliche “these are the only jobs available...OH OK THERE’S ONE MORE BUT IT’S SO DANGEROUS. That’s about where I nodded off.

+ no jedis so far
    - nothing I havent seen before, so far.

I did like the comment about the bounties barely being enough to cover fuel, because I just had the thought when he was leaving not hoth “I wonder how much gas costs in the SWU.”

I feel like the star wars universe has been infected with players of some very specific games. No one ever cared about fuel. Not in star trek. Or Macross. Or Babylon 5. No one has ever cared in any of these space shows.

10. Eh, sometimes in Star Trek their dilithium crystals need to be replaced or recharged or whatever. And I think they mentioned that some kind of crystal powers lightsabers. It's all about the crystals, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    + no jedis so far
    That's a pretty big plus for me.