Page 1 of 26 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sopranos: Season 6

1. The Sopranos: Season 6

You can have your Losts, your 24's, your Desperate Housewives; to me The Sopranos is the best show on television, perhaps even the best show ever made. It's kind of like the Beatles of TV: other dramas may come along and gather some acclaim, but everybody knows The Sopranos are in a league apart.

The new season starts in March, and HBO is running the entire series in consecutive order, one episode each weekday, leading up to the premiere date. So I've been watching all the episodes a second time to build my anticipation. So far, we know the season will be broken up into two parts: the first, consisting of 12 episodes, will begin in March, and the second part will begin in 2007 with 8 episodes.

The scuttlebutt says that this will be the final season. If you're a fan of the show, you're probably speculating about how the series will end. Will Tony be convicted and thrown in jail? Will another of his associates rat him out? Or will he be gunned down in classic gangster style?

I think Tony is going to die, but through natural causes. Maybe cancer, or a heart attack. Cancer would provide the show with some nice symmetry, given that the series began with Tony taking over the business from the cancer-stricken Jackie Aprile.

Or perhaps Tony will go to prison. Aside from death, prison is probably the only thing that could absolve Tony's guilt -- a theme that drives the series, and has become increasingly strong in recent seasons. I would actually see Tony going to prison as a happy ending for the series.

Any thoughts? What do you guys expect (or hope) to see this season?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. I thought season 5 was a huge disappointment. I don't expect season 6 to be any better.

3. Yeah, I just hope this season is better than 5. It had more than a few rough spots.

I just started watching the DVDs of season 3 (which is where I left off)

I'll be back once I catch up...

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    I thought season 5 was a huge disappointment. I don't expect season 6 to be any better.
    Totally.

My biggest problem with this show is how they just spin their wheels over and over again yet they don't get anywhere. After watching Carnivale, sitting through a show like the Sopranos, in which an entire hour long episode can come and go without anything happening is simply unacceptable.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    Totally.

My biggest problem with this show is how they just spin their wheels over and over again yet they don't get anywhere. After watching Carnivale, sitting through a show like the Sopranos, in which an entire hour long episode can come and go without anything happening is simply unacceptable.
    Maybe soap operas would be more your speed.

Oz, Oz, Oz.

It had a shitty ending though
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    Oz, Oz, Oz.

It had a shitty ending though
    IBTN and IBTN about Sopranos Season 5 being a disappointment. I'm not too excited about the start of Season 6 only because I'm worried it's going to be as bad as 5.

And Sopranos is not the definitive television series. That honor goes to The Wire, and Season 4 is coming later this year.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

9. I hope Tony and the therapist lady fuck like rabbits and live happily ever after...lol. Or even better, a love triangle 3some type thing with that hot ass Mercedes dealer lady that got burned, I'm sure she is better now...I wonder about Tony's son, what a little piece of shit he is. I bet he turns out to be gay or some shit...lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by kevincal
    I hope Tony and the therapist lady fuck like rabbits and live happily ever after...lol. Or even better, a love triangle 3some type thing with that hot ass Mercedes dealer lady that got burned, I'm sure she is better now...I wonder about Tony's son, what a little piece of shit he is. I bet he turns out to be gay or some shit...lol
    English plz.

Anyway, The Sopranos is great and I'm looking forward to the new season, but Six Feet Under was better. Truth.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico