Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

1. Cheap energy usually = economic prosperity.
    It seems that if people can afford to constantly hyperdrive from one end of the universe to the other, every other starport/outpost shouldn't look like a run down ghetto.

2. I've seen plenty of shiny new pickup trucks sitting in driveways of homes that look abandoned.

3. what's that got to do with cheap energy

4. Finished the episode.

It is impossible for them to do anything with this UNIVERSE without tying it into the original MCs, isn't it?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Finished the episode.

It is impossible for them to do anything with this UNIVERSE without tying it into the original MCs, isn't it?

This, for sure. People are acting like the ending was some sort of big reveal and to me it was just "meh." All of my friends loved it, however, so what do I know.
    "Tick-tock"

6. I was impressed how they made the IG unit operate just as awkwardly as it looks like it should yet still made it a very competent combatant. It's a tough window to hit both those parameters just right.

7. This was okay... Kinda boring for the most part but I did enjoy the BD.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I was impressed how they made the IG unit operate just as awkwardly as it looks like it should yet still made it a very competent combatant. It's a tough window to hit both those parameters just right.
    That was cool.

I like how much of this was just straight out of the Star Wars Holiday Special. Life Day, Boba Fett (Player 2)'s Tazer Rifle thing, riding around on dinosaurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Lucas is going to love that one.
    It's about time they started referrencing the true extended universe, though. Maybe he'll get a bounty for CG Wilford Brimley next episode.

10. Watched it... it’s pretty okay but has room to grow and find its legs. But the writing needs to know when to breath and when to hustle. An example is when they set up the ice monster. Good set up. And then it’s suddenly relevant one second later. It’s too convenient and cheap. And it’s useless fake danger to the story. Also him later getting caught off guard by two enormously clumsy animals made me question if his competence. Same w him being so spooked by a door opening in the briefing meeting that he’d draw weapons on 4 others. Does this guy have PTSD why is he so twitchy? Not befitting a seasoned bounty hunter.

But the action was pretty good (if sometimes the resolution was convenient). That bounty robot was immaculate. For a pilot it was solid and had kind of a cool vibe. It needs to find its tone and writing consistency. And I think it needs to think more about how Mandalorian solves problems with his smarts and savvy more. Because he seemed too simple.

EDIT: Second episode was better. Better pacing, less pointless scene dressing, and the soundtrack and settings look expensively good for a show like this. I wasn’t sure about it but I’m liking baby Yoda. He’s adorable.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 16 Nov 2019 at 11:12 AM.