Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: What Is Up With All The Boomer Talk?

  1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    So weird how suddenly a bunch of people are incredibly invested in high school women's track and field records. The overlap with the crew who were the most reluctant to let go of the f-word is probably coincidental.

    You don't suppose "but what about sports records?" is really about something else, do you?
    Thank youuuuu
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

  2. It's not. If it were up to me, everyone would compete together. Testosterone levels, steroids, cybernetic enhancements, and retard strength would not be relevant.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    So weird how suddenly a bunch of people are incredibly invested in high school women's track and field records. The overlap with the crew who were the most reluctant to let go of the f-word is probably coincidental.

    You don't suppose "but what about sports records?" is really about something else, do you?
    Way to make it about what it's not REALLY about. Meanwhile you don't know shit about me as a person.

    Also: You say I was the most reluctant here to let go of the f-word? Bullshit. I have zero history here of conservative/racist views, so I have no idea how/why you're pulling that out of your ass.

    Seriously, go fuck yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    (I'm talking about dolemite and kedawa)
    Meanwhile Josh and Opaque are saying the same things. Nice to see selective ass-kissing alive and well on TNL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Thank youuuuu
    Way to be insulting, sats. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 07 Nov 2019 at 03:17 PM.

    Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

  4. yuppers I too can link academic articles we didn't read fully that actually negate my point but I'll spare everyone the wall of text (a handful of those articles have conclusions that state "more research is needed to apply this to a broader population" but no one ever reads that part.

    I'm not debating the biologic differences (nor the fact that there *MAY* be advantages - we actually don't have data to support it one way or another,) I'm saying that athletics isn't this monolith where a transwoman can just swoop in and gather the awards like everyone seems to think. There are so many factors in play - biology being one component, but certainly not the only one. The argument that favors biology alone gets very close to the belief that black people are just better at sports because of their race - it's a dangerous and erroneous belief. A random dude doesn't just hop into a women's race and win because he's male. There are social factors, economic factors, and even educational factors that influence athletic performance as well.

    As I said, there are no concrete studies that prove advantages or disadvantages, we only have speculation. I've watched way too many ESPN documentaries to be convinced that athletic prowess is due to biology alone (I'm kidding about this, sort of.) Additionally, a handful of transwomen athletes winning a few races in various competitions does little to persuade me that there's some sort of unfair advantage and they should be barred from competition. There's hundreds of thousands of athletes around the world, and there is bound to be deviation from "the norm." We need to consider and discuss what happens when the norm is challenged, which is what we're doing and it's great, but it's important not to fall into the traps that surface level media outrage wants to manufacture.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

  5. If that's accurate, then the governing bodies that make the call are doing so in spite of that dearth of conclusive information. I don't think it's unreasonable to suspect that they're guided more by a desire to minimize the wrath of the social media outrage machine than anything else.

    Clearly, falling into these irrelevant culture war distractions is not just a pastime for boomers. They do seem to excel at it, though.

  6. Also I was thank youuu-ing his first sentence specifically. Bunch of people (NOT just tnl) all of a sudden are very invested in other peopleís genitals and how they do sports. Again I think itís fine to speculate but biological determinism is a myth
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

  7. It's not there *MAY* be advantages.

    The fastest any woman has ever ran 100m is 10.49 seconds. The HIGHSCHOOL record for boys is 9.98 seconds.

    The fastest a woman has ever ran a mile is 4:12.33. The HIGHSCHOOL record for boys is 3:53.43.

    The most a woman has ever deadlifted is 683 pounds. The current record just for division 1 deadlift in the state of Texas by a boy is 740 pounds.

    This is comparing highschool athletes with female Olympians and World Champions. We can debate the "why" there is this gap. Maybe it's not because of any of the reasons those studies showed, but the gap is factually there. Something about men is allowing some of them to run faster and he stronger in highschool than any woman ever has been at any level of competition.
    Last edited by Opaque; 07 Nov 2019 at 04:06 PM.


  8. I am more interested in hearing biological born female athletes and their views on this issue since they are impacted the most.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Way to make it about what it's not REALLY about. Meanwhile you don't know shit about me as a person.
    sorry

    Also: You say I was the most reluctant here to let go of the f-word? Bullshit. I have zero history here of conservative/racist views, so I have no idea how/why you're pulling that out of your ass.
    I'm sorry

    Seriously, go fuck yourself.
    ok sorry

    Meanwhile Josh and Opaque are saying the same things. Nice to see selective ass-kissing alive and well on TNL.
    sorry I didn't read them sorry

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I am more interested in hearing biological born female athletes and their views on this issue since they are impacted the most.
    Going back to Rachel McKinnon, some of her fellow competitors have been very supportive of her...and some have not. Each to their own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Also I was thank youuu-ing his first sentence specifically.
    Well, maybe you should have bothered to specify that, because otherwise that's a total asshole thing to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    yuppers I too can link academic articles we didn't read fully
    A) Yet you didn't link anything, and B) hey, let's just assume Opaque is just posting random shit and didn't bother to read any of it.

    I'm not debating the biologic differences (nor the fact that there *MAY* be advantages - we actually don't have data to support it one way or another,)
    Um, yes we do. Opaque posted a shitload of it.

    And no one said that biology alone dictates how successful an athlete can be. Of course there are many other factors at play, but all things being equal, there ARE physical differences between biological men and women that are a factor...especially if they only started transitioning at 29.

    In the end, this is a complicated subject with lots of feels and of course I wouldn't ever want to see anyone deprived of their rights.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 17 Nov 2019 at 10:40 PM.

    Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo