Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your personal pet peeves?

1. Yuck What are your personal pet peeves?

Years ago when I did lower end retail jobs, I came to loathe certain customers to a certain degree.

I've dealt with rude, pushy, arrogant or totally oblivious people who had no idea what they were doing was rude as fuck. I think the most triggering for me was people who would snap their fingers at people and then point at the ground like they're bringing a dog to heel. I've never had it done to me because I'm a big solid guy and I have a look half the time that people take for someone who's angry at something.

I've seen it happen a few times to people mainly girls from both men and women snapping their fingers at employees like they're meant to be served hand and foot. I've had many an urge to walk up to these people & call them out for it.

So I'm curious what's something that annoys you that would be common sense to most people that you shouldn't do?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I'm glad my retail work was for friends. I never had to take any shit from customers.

I used to hate it when people would lean on glass counters and display cases.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I'm glad my retail work was for friends. I never had to take any shit from customers.

I used to hate it when people would lean on glass counters and display cases.
    I remember someone at a store doing that once and the counter gave way and shattered because you know, dropping a heavy item on a glass counter certainly wouldn't break the fucking glass.

4. Co-workers standing around saying "there's nothing to do." Yeah, there are jobs where downtime like that exists, but I've never worked in a place where that statement was remotely true.

5. When it’s even slightly windy when riding my bike. It’s truly the only thing that makes me rage out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. The wind is a total jerk when I want to light a joint.

7. My family either do not bother to replace a new toiler paper roll, or when they do, it is placed in the wrong position.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    My family either do not bother to replace a new toiler paper roll, or when they do, it is placed in the wrong position.
    I prefer rolls in the over position. Anyone else doing it for under handing pulling is a fucking facist.

@ Satsuki: You're gonna need to explain this wind thing more.

9. Okay, so, before class I like to ride really fast (like a jerk) because it wakes me up. But if it's even slightly windy, pedaling against it is the most annoying, tortuous process. It's not even like riding up a hill (which is fun!) it's just like, dust flies in your face, pedaling becomes extremely difficult, and it's just a terribly annoying sensation.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Not much bothers me.

Maybe old people that can't work simple devices but hate on youth that don't have their cast years of experience to pull from.