Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I doesn't look any bigger than a audio reciever, when the unit is placed horizontal. What kind of entertainment centers do you people have?
    I appears to be at least as tall as an Xbox controller is wide, which would give it like a half centimeter of clearance in my this:

Click for full size

Top row anyway. I think that's a perfectly normal and nice tv stand. Could be a trick of the angle they showed, but it could also be an akward Vans Shoe box of a fucking console.
    Last edited by Opaque; 16 Dec 2019 at 01:47 AM.

2. Microsoft lost me at the end of the 360 era. It hasn't won me back. I think there's a total of one Xbox One game I would have bought that I couldn't get elsewhere, and that's the Rare collection.

3. Microsoft has pretty much turned the PC into an Xbox with the MS store. That’s why my last Xbox was the 360.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I appears to be at least as tall as an Xbox controller is wide, which would give it like a half centimeter of clearance in my this:

Click for full size

Top row anyway. I think that's a perfectly normal and nice tv stand. Could be a trick of the angle they showed, but it could also be an akward Vans Shoe box of a fucking console.
    My receiver is taller than a sideways controller.

5. I hope the PS5 dev kit looks close to the real thing so people really have something to bitch about.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. Apparently it’s really just going to be simply called Xbox.
    The Series X just means it’s the X version like with what’s out with the Xbox One X. I’m fine with this iPhone type launch with multiple models. If I’m willing to pay more for a beefier model why not? But but but I could just buy a Pc right?

7. So you don't mind buying a new model every couple of years? You are these companies' best customers.

8. Games take up so much logical space that I don't like the idea of buying a console without upgradeable storage. However big the SSD ends up being, it'll be inadequate by year two. I really hope this thing lets you add a second SSD, or at least replace the one that's in it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    So you don't mind buying a new model every couple of years? You are these companies' best customers.
    I upgraded both the PS4 and One for 4k output. Not sure what a possible mid gen upgrade could be for next time though. I think being able to pay more at launch for a system with more bells and whistles is a fine idea. Strangling a system at launch to make that $300-400 price point is lame. They really are PCs now so why not let us make that choice to buy better hardware.

10. People bitching about Xbox and PlayStation making mid gen upgrades in hardware but have been ok with Nintendo’s hardware revisions for decades is definitely TNL.

How many colors and revisions of game boys, DS, N64, Switch etc?
    How many $500-$1000 cell phones you got in 10 years?
    How many upgrades parts in your PCs in 10 years?

This shit in inevitable.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 16 Dec 2019 at 10:48 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle