Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. if you have any quires on it just drop a mail or comment.

X-Babakang-X
    Last edited by BonusKun; 17 Dec 2019 at 04:31 PM.

2. Are people really bothered by that? If there's a market for an 8K 120Hz XBOX in two years, then I hope they make one. They're never mandatory upgrades, although I wouldn't have a problem with MS making XBOX One X the minimum system once the new console is out, and dropping support for the original and S models when necessary.

3. That’s probably the plan I’m assuming.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Would be funny that it's shaped like that because you'll be able to upgrade the GPU. Microsoft approved of course.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    People bitching about Xbox and PlayStation making mid gen upgrades in hardware but have been ok with Nintendo’s hardware revisions for decades is definitely TNL.

How many colors and revisions of game boys, DS, N64, Switch etc?
    How many $500-$1000 cell phones you got in 10 years?
    How many upgrades parts in your PCs in 10 years?

This shit in inevitable.
    I am not okay with this shit, and stop it with What aboutism.

6. It's a black box, it's the least offensive design you could ask for in a TV accessory.

And mid-generation console redesigns that improve the experience instead of just making it cheaper is a great thing. An N64 Expansion Pak that segments the console base is a problem, but a PS4 Pro that just supports higher resolution TVs and consistent framerate is nothing but a good thing and not worth rolling out a new console generation for.

You're all crazy.

But I don't even know why I'm supposed to care about the new consoles if they are all backwards compatible and games are designed to scale to the hardware anyway. We already get the same games on Switch and Xbox One, so what is Xbox Two going to give us that couldn't just be scaled down to an older console anyway? There's a controller add on for PS4 that was just announced that people are speculating would let you use the controller with PS5, but why not just port the PS5 game to PS4 if all they need are the buttons? I can't get excited about these new boxes until they can show me a reason why I need one other than "we aren't putting the games on the old hardward anymore".
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. I prefer a brand new architecture or significant increase in power as compared to incremental/marginal increase. Games are still developed for the lowest common denominator so it won't look significantly better but just higher pixel count/smoother framerate (which is not enough for me to double dip).

8. Controllers are always going to be bullshit on console. Aside from adding wireless support and a headset jack, every new feature added to the standard design since the DualShock has been a gimmick that the industry at large ignores.
    The whole business model is forced obsolescence.

That's the Dark Nature of Capitalism.

10. The bright side is that we don't have to buy it just to buy it.