Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. You guys say the same shit every console gen. Just get a pc blah blah blah. Then everyone buys a PS or Xbox anyways.

FYI this big ass brick can be put horizontal too.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. I have a PS4 for the Sony exclusives, pinball games and such that aren't that hardware demanding. But, since I have a couple of decent gaming PCs, the Xbox (unlike 360) just doesn't make sense. It's like purchasing a 40" display with less features than the 60" display you already own.
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 Dec 2019 at 07:11 PM.

3. Yeah but that 60inch tv has to constantly be adjusted for an optimal picture every time you have to start a new movie when the 40inch always works. Pick your poison I guess.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. That hasn't been true for a very long time.
    Consoles are about as much hassle as gaming on PC these days.

5. I like it. I never really look at a console after it's set up so how it looks doesn't really matter.

6. I don't mind the design. Unconventional but fine. Can it run horizontally as well?

I don't think I will buy one as long as MS keeps making PC ports of all their relevant first party titles. Hellblade II looks incredible though.

7. Yeah, the SeX box can do it horizontal too.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Yeah but that 60inch tv has to constantly be adjusted for an optimal picture every time you have to start a new movie when the 40inch always works. Pick your poison I guess.
    Most PC games will now run with optimal settings as soon as you boot it up.

9. I guess someone at MS heard the phrase "two Gamecubes duct-taped together" a couple gens ago and fell in love with the mental image.

First instinct says to wait on a slim model, but if MS comes as hard out of the gate on Game Pass offerings for this as they're doing now for the One, I could be compelled. It's been great having a console that just gives you a bunch of pretty major new releases on day one.

10. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    You guys say the same shit every console gen. Just get a pc blah blah blah. Then everyone buys a PS or Xbox anyways.

FYI this big ass brick can be put horizontal too.
    why you gotta lump everybody together like that, I ain't had a console since the ps3/360 era! (the classics don't count)

also, horizontal/vertical is kind of a moot point since that's been a thing going back to at least PS2