Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    $299.99 s
    $499.99 x

If the S does the same as the X but only upscaled 4K and disc less, why is the X $200 more? What’s the extra beef in the X do? At least it’s not with a mandatory Kinect this time.
    If the S has a cut down GPU that upscales 1440p games to 4k, while the X is native 4K.
    Last edited by gamevet; 09 Sep 2020 at 11:12 PM.

2. The Series S is cheaper because it also has less RAM and a smaller SSD. Since the aim is a lower native resolution, not as much RAM is needed (10GB vs 16GB) and the altered GPU is cheaper and uses less power (thus a smaller power supply). It has the exact same CPU and other guts so it's fundamentally the same everywhere else. It'll do 1080p 60fps no problem. The Coalition already has Gears 5 running at 120fps. Depending on how good the upscaler is (considering how amazing their backward compatibility software is, it'll probably be great. OG Xbox games are getting Ray Tracing!), I doubt anyone will be able to tell the difference on a monitor that's less than 30" that it isn't native 4k. Nvidia has been dumping a huge amount of R&D into DLSS so this is no surprise. You better believe Sony is working on similar upscaling tech. Checkerboard rendering is on the way out.

MS is simply doing what the cell phone industry has been doing for ages, it's a great idea.

Last edited by Rumpy; 10 Sep 2020 at 01:21 AM.

3. I admit it. I'm impressed with this thing. Tho I'm more impressed with that dude's beard.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Seems like a good value proposition with the S + gamepass to play digital games. Probably don't even need to ever buy a game.

5. Game Pass is awesome, especially for the $5 a month that it costs on PC. I’ve been flying all over the country with Flight Sim 2020, which I’ve heard is also on Xbox.

6. EA Play is being added to Game Pass, so the library is getting even bigger. If someone skipped this generation, a Series S is a ridiculous deal. You'll have access to more games than you could play.

7. I've had access to more games than I could play for decades, so I'm definitely not the target market for it, but it's getting very hard to justify full retail price for games when you can get a year of Game Pass for less than the cost of one big retail game.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've had access to more games than I could play for decades, so I'm definitely not the target market for it, but it's getting very hard to justify full retail price for games when you can get a year of Game Pass for less than the cost of one big retail game.
    The options we have now compared to the mid 80s and 90s is just staggering. I don't think I could ever finish all the game I'd want to play in this day and age.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    The options we have now compared to the mid 80s and 90s is just staggering. I don't think I could ever finish all the game I'd want to play in this day and age.
    I've thought about that a few times before. Like, will I be able to play and finish every game on my 'must-play' list before I die even?
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

10. (Looks over at PSP collection). Yeah......I hear that.