Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. I gave up on the MCC on PC when it wouldn't let me use the same mouse and key bindings in Halo as I do in Halo Custom Edition. That and the awful 'enhanced' graphics just killed it for me.
    I'll check it out again in another year or two. They're always working on it, especially now with the XSX coming out. If the PC versions still have issues, I will probably have the XSS or whatever by then anyway.

2. Price seems to have leaked, for the Series S 299. Series X 499.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-...nally-revealed

3. So, the Series S is pretty much an Xbox One X, without a BR drive, with the console version of the RX 580.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    So, the Series S is pretty much an Xbox One X, without a BR drive, with the console version of the RX 580.
    Yeah, but I think expected devs to be able to just scale every game down to a GPU with 1/3 of thre power is going to be a big burden and limit what people do with the more powerful SKU. It's kind of a dumb move. The price is attractive though.

5. I hope that they replaced the pitiful Jaguar CPU; it was the main bottleneck in the One X.

6. From everything I've read about it, it seems like the S is just limited to lower resolution, and should deliver the same refresh rate as the series X. If that's true, then it sounds ideal for me. 1080p is where I'll be at for at least another five years, and I bought a grand total of 5 physical games for current gen, so I can live without the optical drive. I'll still wait for a big discount, though.

7. I’m reading the same stuff but I don’t really believe it. There’s no way the S does the same shit as the X but just at 1080p. Maybe 60fps games vs 30fps games, Id buy that.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. Yeah, they weren’t making any money from the sales of the One X. Cutting the BR drive isn’t going to shave off $100 for MS to reduce losses. The Jaguar CPU isn’t fast enough to deliver 60 fps, with a modern game. Devs want to get away from those slow ass CPUs in the PS4 and Xbox One.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah, they weren’t making any money from the sales of the One X. Cutting the BR drive isn’t going to shave off $100 for MS to reduce losses. The Jaguar CPU isn’t fast enough to deliver 60 fps, with a modern game. Devs want to get away from those slow ass CPUs in the PS4 and Xbox One.
    They are absolutely selling the Series S at a loss expecting to make it up on the backend with digital sales.

10. $299.99 s
    $499.99 x

If the S does the same as the X but only upscaled 4K and disc less, why is the X $200 more? What’s the extra beef in the X do? At least it’s not with a mandatory Kinect this time.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"