Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 11131415

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I really don't see the benefit of that, other than playing the 1st gen Xbox games in 4K and some of the 360 games. You're basically swapping out the One X for a Series X, to play the same games, until the newer content is available.
    I will buy the new Creed and CoD and they are suppose to have enhanced SeX versions. But yeah, the new system is kinda pointless at launch.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. Winter is coming and the series x will make a great heater.

3. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I will buy the new Creed and CoD and they are suppose to have enhanced SeX versions. But yeah, the new system is kinda pointless at launch.
    Woah! Count me in on the enhanced SeX!

4. Enhanced SeX sure is expensive. $220 for a 1tb drive! Daaaaamn.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. The drives for the PS5 are going to be just as hair raising. It's really weird that with 7 weeks to go, Sony hasn't said anything about it.

With the Bethesda deal announced, the first game coming to Game Pass is Doom Eternal on 10/1 for Xbox. PC date hasn't been given yet.

And with this acquisition, the rumors are flying that MS isn't done and could buy SEGA. What's the over and under for that?

If that happens, I think Sony will try to buy Capcom.

6. During the PS5 reveal thing they did say it may be awhile before there are NVME drives that are certified to the PS5 performance spec.

7. Looks like Samsung recently announced the 980 Pro series. That will probably be on the list. 1TB is $230.

In the PS3 and 4, could you add a second HD or was it a total swap? I wonder if you will be adding to the storage block or replacing it in the 5.

8. @Rumpy, I have an external additional drive for my PS4, nothing fancy.

With these high SSD HD prices, I figure the best option for these new systems to me is to just have another plain-jane external HD to store games on. Hopefully they make it easy to swap games back and forth from the SSD. Maybe my wifi just sucks but I've never got good download speeds on PSN. Xbox is better but it still takes longer than I'd like to download a 40gb game the moment I wanna play it.

9. I saw an external 1TB SSD at Walmart for $99. I don’t know how fast it was, but it would definitely be faster than an external HDD.

10. I just ordered a 4TB western digital external drive for $109 Canadian from best buy.
    I think for an external USB 3.0 drive, the USB transfer rate is still a bigger bottleneck than the physical drive, so I'm set for a good while.