Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe it's time for Sega-16 to move to its own server, its making TNL run like absolute shit.

1. Maybe it's time for Sega-16 to move to its own server, its making TNL run like absolute shit.

TNL has been running terribly for ages now, and every time myself or someone else complains to CKA about it, it turns out to be Sega 16 eating up 70%+ of the server's resources, or doing other weird shit that slows everything down. I know I'm not the only one having problems with accessing TNL lately, and I know the forum only has a few of us regulars left. So maybe let's not have it be a shit show that is impossible to get pages to load, or post to. I know too that this is a touchy subject, but it felt like it needed to be said.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. I didn't realize that was the cause. Does Sega-16 suffer from the same issues?
    TNL has been broken about 80% of the time for me for several months now. Sometimes the page seems to be done loading, but the status bar says 'waiting for the-nextlevel.com...' indefinitely. Most of the time pages just don't load at all, or they will load several minutes after erroring out.
    It seems like most have given up and just post elsewhere. I can't be bothered with discord, so I'm not sure.

3. According to CKA its some amazon affiliate link that was programmed like shit over on the Sega 16 side that is chewing through all the resources. I know I end up not posting because I try to get a page to load and it 30 minutes goes by with nothing and I need to do other shit. The board is slow enough as it is, and I would hate to see it die because another site on the same server caused it to not work.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Maybe it's time for Sega-16 to move to its own server, its making TNL run like absolute shit.

Yeah. When I do remember this place and try to log in it takes 45 minutes or whatever.

5. I was wrong his site was/is getting hammered non-stop by a chinese botnet

put an end to that though, I hope

6. I've had pages take some time to load in the past but nothing as bad as you've described. It's been better in the last month or so.

7. TNL wasn't loading at all a couple times this month. It's been better recently.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    I was wrong his site was/is getting hammered non-stop by a chinese botnet

put an end to that though, I hope
    Yeah earlier today I had to mass ban a ton of fucking spam bots off the forums.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Great thread! Thanks to be making this great opportunity available! Brides for sale for lonely men!

10. The #1 reason I don't use this site more is because more often than not I can't even load it when I do want to talk about something.

That being said, it has been way better recently. I guess chinese botnet was the culprit.