Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2020: Back For More Video

1. #2 Xeno Crisis (Genesis)

This is a really good Smash TV clone on the Genesis with an Aliens theme. The animation is excellent, sound effects is spot on, and the overall feel of the game is superb. Game is tough as balls and took me many tries to get to the last boss. However, you can't fight the last boss to get the true ending if you use any continue, so I pretty much gave up. I can only get to stage 4 or so without continues, the later stages are absolutely brutal and shit will just spawn at your feet.

EDIT: There is a cheat code that will undo the 1cc final boss requirement, so I finished it today with continues. Final boss is actually pretty easy, in fact, I find the first boss to be the toughest for some odd reason.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 09 Feb 2020 at 12:16 AM.

2. 5) Spyro Year of the Dragon

I get why this game is considered the best of the original trilogy. It's got the most content, the best level design and clearly had the most variety. That's where my one complaint comes, the mini games are either fun quick one time distractions or total fucking broken bullshit that you repeat over and over until you basically get lucky. Yeti boxing? Bullshit. Whack a mole? Bullshit. Most of the UFO mini games? Bullshit.

But, if you power through those the rest of the game is as good as it gets. It has the best flying levels in the series for sure. The different characters not only add variety to the over all game but have variety within their levels. Sometimes it's a 3D platformer, sometimes a side scroller. Sometimes it's a third person shooter, sometimes it's on rails. The variety keeps it from getting old and I imagine when the game originally came out, that was a way bigger deal even.

Done with Spyro forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    #2 Xeno Crisis (Genesis)

This is a really good Smash TV clone on the Genesis with an Aliens theme. The animation is excellent, sound effects is spot on, and the overall feel of the game is superb. Game is tough as balls and took me many tries to get to the last boss. However, you can't fight the last boss to get the true ending if you use any continue, so I pretty much gave up. I can only get to stage 4 or so without continues, the later stages are absolutely brutal and shit will just spawn at your feet.

EDIT: There is a cheat code that will undo the 1cc final boss requirement, so I finished it today with continues. Final boss is actually pretty easy, in fact, I find the first boss to be the toughest for some odd reason.
    I'm still waiting for the Dreamcast version since I heard it will work with the VOOT twinsticks. Am excite!

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Dreamcast version since I heard it will work with the VOOT twinsticks. Am excite!
    That is neat, I am getting the Switch version just for kicks.

5. 6) Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

I do this thing now where once I know I'm going to play a game I stop looking at information on it, full media black out. Been doing it for years really.

So I gained interested in this game apparantly before it became common knowledge that it would be a Star Wars theme take on the Darksouls formula. Meditation pads are bonfires. They are the only place you can refill your healing item, level up and using them respawms enemies. There's the back tracking Darksouls is known for but no fast travel even. Stamina for blocking, parry based combat.

I mean fuck, this is some hardcore plagiarism.

I liked it though. Starts out with you feeling weak and not very Jedi. By the end, while you're no Vader, you certainly feel more powerful. A solid first entry by Respawn and I hope they build on this.

6. 7) Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels

So the story with this is they thought it was too hard for US players so they gave us Doki Doki Panic instead and honestly I think we got the better game.

This is just punishing mechanic after punishing mechanic. Guessing game mazes in castles? Trick jumps at the end of hard levels with a small life count? This game is clearly pre "Nintendo figuring their shit out" and I'm actually really amazed they went from this to SMB3.

I played on Switch and used rewind because fuck trying to do this for real. Fuck that so hard. Sounds horrible.

7. I feel like I've beaten more games, but I just beat

1. Megaman X (Switch)

I thought I saw mention of the X Collection on Switch having issues but I didn't read what any of them were and I had a great time playing this game again. Got the hadoken and then proceeded to forget about it at just about every useful moment. I remember beating one of the X games as a kid and either X or Zero said "damn" in their closing dialogue, which was a word I wasn't allowed to say and so I wrote a letter to Capcom explaining my disapproval of their use of foul language and they wrote me an apology letter and sent a few Megaman and SF postcards. I did not notice the word "damn" used in the end dialogue here and I made a point to look for it, so I'm just going to go ahead and take credit for censoring Megaman X for everyone right now and you can't tell me I didn't.

1. Cuphead

Finally dealt with the Devil. I don't think I'll be going back for an expert play through, but I will check back in for the upcoming DLC.

9. ive been trying to plat sonic mania & finish bloodborne, sadly few games completed this year so far
    any momentum i have towards that effort is about to be proper ruined by animal crossing next week as well
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

10. Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    ive been trying to plat sonic mania & finish bloodborne, sadly few games completed this year so far
    any momentum i have towards that effort is about to be proper ruined by animal crossing next week as well
    Animal Crossing is going to ruin my life.