Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: January 2020

1. This Month's Haul: January 2020

It's 2020!

I picked up a steelblack DS4 from Walmart for $40.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Found a CIB Megaman GB!

3. I bought a dental implant because it was basically the same price as the way way worse sounding bridge.

4. MicroCenter had this black HORI RAP4 arcade stick for $50. I already have the red version of this stick, but I couldn't pass up this deal.

Last edited by gamevet; 11 Jan 2020 at 01:47 AM.

5. Great deal Gamevet! Modding it or leaving it as is? I actually don't mind stock Hori hardware. I always wanted to get the white version of this stick! Does it work with PS3 as well?

6. PS3 and PC. I’m fine with the stock HORI parts, but I might swap out the stick for one with a smaller gateway for older arcade games like PAC-Man or Galaga.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Jan 2020 at 11:37 AM.

7. We all think gamevet has a nice stick

8. That is a great deal.
    I've had far better luck with Hori than any of my friends have had with their Sanwa parts. I've had my XBOX360 Fighting Edge for at least five years, and have never replaced a part. Meanwhile, my friends are replacing their joystick Sanwa PCBs at least once a year.
    I haven't tried the Hayabusa buttons yet, but I've read good things. The old Kuro buttons were okay, but they squeak sometimes, and are a little mushier than Sanwa.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    We all think gamevet has a nice stick
    Well, it is big and black.

And it is lural sir! I got the red one for $97 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    That is a great deal.
    I've had far better luck with Hori than any of my friends have had with their Sanwa parts. I've had my XBOX360 Fighting Edge for at least five years, and have never replaced a part. Meanwhile, my friends are replacing their joystick Sanwa PCBs at least once a year.
    I haven't tried the Hayabusa buttons yet, but I've read good things. The old Kuro buttons were okay, but they squeak sometimes, and are a little mushier than Sanwa.
    I have the MadCatz SFIV Tournament Edition arcade stick for the 360. The Sanwa stick feels a little mushier and the buttons aren't as clicky. It's a quieter stick, but I don't think that it feels better than the HORI parts.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Jan 2020 at 07:06 PM.

10. That's a great price for that stick, nice find! I love the feel and design of it but the gate on mine keeps falling out mid match and then I can't move at all. It's the only thing keeping it from being my favorite.