Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Month's Haul: January 2020

1. For whatever reason, I had a thing for Firelord when I was a kid so I played that frickin Silver Surfer game A Lot. Never made it past the third level.

2. Silver Surfer had one of the most amazing songs for the NES. It's a shame that the game didn't live up to it.

3. Got Shaq-Fu's beat-em-up sequel and Steamworld Dig 2 on PS4 for $8 with GCU. Not exactly games I'm going to play ASAP, but definitely worth $8 to play when I'm done with some review games.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. I ordered a Brook XBOX 360 to XBOX ONE converter. I hope it's less complicated to set up and update than the awful, confusing instructions seem to indicate, but I've heard nothing but good things about their products, so it's probably not that bad.
    I was just getting sick of not having a reliable wired option for controllers, and it'll be nice to be able to use my arcade stick as well.

The removable cable thing I just don't get. It makes sense for charging cables on the wireless pads, but what possible problem are they trying to solve by making wired controllers with removable cables? They're completely useless without the cable, and nearly as useless with it once it starts flaking out. Even the shit brands are trying to be all 'premium' by having removable micro-usb cables, which are of course flaky as all fuck.

I've gone through four different wired pads for the XB1(never buy anything from PDP or Hyperkin, it's all garbage) and I refuse to ever buy another. I have 2 perfectly functional 360 pads that have never given me an issue, so I'm happy to use those instead.

5. I detest that breakaway cable thingie too. One of mine went bad and I ordered a replacement, it came DOA.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Got Shaq-Fu's beat-em-up sequel and Steamworld Dig 2 on PS4 for $8 with GCU. Not exactly games I'm going to play ASAP, but definitely worth $8 to play when I'm done with some review games.
    Woah! Jeremy’s back?

7. Jeremy lives!

8. I got my Brook adapter and tried it out with both of my 360 pads and it works perfectly. The only drawback is that headsets are not supported, but I barely ever used chat to begin with, so I don't really mind. I still need to test out my arcade stick, but it's on the compatibility list, unlike my pads, so I'm not expecting any issues.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Jeremy lives!
    TEH JEMERY will live forever!
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

All hail teh Jemery!