Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: This Year's Haul: 2020

Holy shit, a Sledge for a couple hundo? That's unbelievable! That's a lot of synth, I await a full report.
    Someone in my neighborhood just listed an ESQ-1, and I'm very tempted. That or a Blofeld will be my next synth. I like the idea and look of the Esoniq better and it's probably better made, but I don't have the space for another board and the Waldorf module is only a little bit more new and covers very similar Sonic territory plus more.

2. Did everyone get Pac-man CE 2 yet? It's free right now on consoles and Steam.
    I hope it's closer to CE than CE DX+, but it's free so whatever.

3. I hear it’s closer to crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    This is very simple and shouldn't be a difficult concept even for you, Pyle. In terms of this pandemic, which choice is more likely to spread the infection to more people: ordering from Grubhub and the like (where the worker does have pressure to work sick) or not?
    yeah, it is pretty simple.

Answer my questions. Do you expect them to starve? And are you doing anything to help people that are bad off enough to be forced to work github during a pandemic?

No one is fucking working github, or uber or lift in a pandemic that doesn't have to. If they can not work those jobs, they won't. We have one guy here that does the gig-econ, and he's burning through his savings because that is better than his own death or killing hypothetical grandmothers.

Anyone that is working the gig-econ right now is picking between society and eating. It's basic Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. If a person has to choose between society and eating, humans will almost always pick eating. Food, a Physiological need is the ground floor. Not causing the collapse of society is third.

This is why we need safety nets. People are horrible when their basic needs are not met. Good safety nets protect the wealthy just as much as they protect the poor. Something the wealthy seem to forget by the second generation of wealth.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 27 Apr 2020 at 10:34 AM.

What argument are you making that has anything to do with mine, or doesn't outright agree with mine and is basically reiterating it?

To answer your questions though, no (which is the point of what I'm saying) and yes to what small degree I can (I'm volunteering with a community group that is providing daily meals to anyone who needs food, as well joining a csa which donates my order every other week).
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I hear it’s closer to crap.
    It's certainly not a pac man game.

7. What’s this Maslow Hierarchy of Needs? Is that something new?

8. I dunno, but we all better rush out and buy one.

9. Another SSD for my laptop. This time I went with WD Blue, never again will I buy another Samsung product. Samsung Evo died in two months.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    I got Soulcalibur VI Digital Deluxe for ps4 and I'm looking for people to fight. This is the first new Soulcal I've played since III so I have a bit to adjust to. Any of you have it?
    I got SC6, don't really play anything online much but I'd be down some random time. Hit me up, sonofbryce on PSN.

I've never seen so much malice over a $680 graphics card, lol. I love you guys!

I bought a Star Wars artbook that I probably don't need for $5 on Amazon from a Goodwill. Does that make me a good guy?

Got The Touryst on Switch, seems pretty fun so far. I was sold on it from the Digital Foundry video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT39Ji_J_RE ) And Rain City for Switch, a adventure game similar in style to Machinarium. I played thru the demo and it captured my attention. I like the art, characters and the world.
    Attached Images Attached Images