Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: This Year's Haul: 2020

1. You can use that $100 for a hearing check up, because you’re either tone deaf af or just trolling.

2. Buying videocards is his ESSENTIAL JOB
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Literally risking the lives of others for some sweet, sweet savings.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I sold my Super Mario RPG cart some years ago, to fund another game purchase, but kept the box with manual. I was looking at getting a loose cart about 6 months ago, and they were averaging around $35. They've jumped up to between $60-$80 in the past month.

Alright, so I kept seeing the RTX 2080 Super GPU that I'd wanted from MicroCenter on the website. The open box card kept showing up about twice a week, so last night I reserved it. I was expecting to get a notification that my order was placed and the GPU was no longer showing up on the website, so I went ahead and reserved my visit. I had 11 people ahead of me, so I left my jobsite at lunch and was in the building about 10 minutes after I had arrived in the parking lot. There was the GPU, sitting inside of a caged clearance cart. I talked to one of the associates and told him that I had reserved the GPU. He told me that they had about 1,000 orders (that's why it kept showing back up, because you have 18 hours to pick it up) that they have yet to check out. I got the card for a rock bottom $620, which is about $100 less than what this card sells for and about $150 less than most of what is selling on the web right now. People are price gashing these GPUs. I also picked up Battlefield V for $20, just to have another title that supports Ray Tracing.

please stop going out to buy toys. Doing a pickup is slightly better than just shopping around like last time, but you are still putting yourself at risk.

Everyone else is asking you with their blunt negativity clubs. I'm going to ask you directly. Please consider stopping this kind of behavior. You are going to get yourself sick or killed. At best we're talking flu with diarrhea.

5. WTF?!

The crowds have died back down, you’re required to wear a mask to enter the store, they spray peoples hands when they enter and only about 15 people at a time are allowed to be inside the store. There are no longer mass gatherings of people in the parking lot.

The only thing I was bringing up was that people came out of shelter in droves and were not following the protective guidelines, which could result in extending the “in shelter” order set by the local authorities. Those of us that have not been in shelter have been following the guidelines to not only protect ourselves, but to protect those around us and at home.

The shopping frenzy has died down, online prices for these cards has been over-priced and I had been saving for months for this upgrade. I got it now because there was no better deal on the internet, the prices weren’t coming down anytime soon, because of the shortages of memory chips, and we don’t know how long this thing will hang around.

I thought about not even posting this, because I knew somebody would get their panties in a wad.
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 Apr 2020 at 12:42 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    please stop going out to buy toys. Doing a pickup is slightly better than just shopping around like last time, but you are still putting yourself at risk.

Everyone else is asking you with their blunt negativity clubs. I'm going to ask you directly. Please consider stopping this kind of behavior. You are going to get yourself sick or killed. At best we're talking flu with diarrhea.
    I wouldn't give a shit if he was just putting himself at risk. But he's also putting every employee at the store and every person that he goes to work with at risk by going out and buying stupid shit he doesn't need.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

thats what ssjn meant by tone deaf. He can't sell games because in his state he is nonessential. Josh and bbobb live on the west coast, which was hit pretty hard. They don't know why you're risking it.

Maybe it is a ghost town where you live and you go out in a hazmat suit. I dont know. But you look like you have a death wish to these guys that live in cities.

They're trying to change your behavior by launching negativity your way. In English, take every precaution. Don't go buy shit you don't need. Keep using the correct ppe as you say you are. You're risking being sick in bed, shitting yourself or worse, killing yourself and somebody's grandma.

It's not about putting himself at risk, I don't care. It's that he can not comprehend that his behavior puts the people working at the stores at risk, and that being out doing unnecessary shit is contributing to the retard culture that's springing up.

9. If the store is open for business, it's because they want people to come in and buy shit, and he's doing that as safely he can. It may be folly for them to even open the store right now, but that's on them. He didn't force them to come to work and open the store just for him.

10. It's open because it does sell some things that are essential. Since most of us working are working from home we do need to be able to replace something that might break on your computer like keyboard or monitor or anything like that quickly because it is necessary to work.

Him getting a discount on a videocard he doesn't need is not essential