Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Year's Haul: 2020

The MSU1 enhanced soundtrack titles are better in theory than practice IMO. It's neat to have cd quality music, but in almost every case I find whatever orchestral version they use to be inferior to the original. The only real exception I've found is Final Fight, which has the Sega CD version's music added.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    The MSU1 enhanced soundtrack titles are better in theory than practice IMO. It's neat to have cd quality music, but in almost every case I find whatever orchestral version they use to be inferior to the original. The only real exception I've found is Final Fight, which has the Sega CD version's music added.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqO...070103&index=5
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Street Fighter II Turbo has a sound track more akin to the arcade Super Street Fighter. It sounds amazing.

I wasn’t that impressed with the custom F-Zero games. The announcer was pretty much removed from the versions on the cart.

4. A recent update to Windows 10 killed support fo my Xbox 360 Wireless dongle drivers, leaving me without a controller connection for my livingroom PC. So, after not finding an Xbox One controller at Target, I used my $5 off coupon to buy this cool looking PS4 controller to connect to it. I still ended up paying $60 for it, after the rebate. I later went to Walmart, and they had the black XB One controler for $45.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. I'm probably going to pick up the wireless adapter for XBOX One controllers at some point, but I'm going to wait and see if MS releases a newer version to go with the XSX controllers. Bluetooth is not an option as far as I'm concerned.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I'm probably going to pick up the wireless adapter for XBOX One controllers at some point, but I'm going to wait and see if MS releases a newer version to go with the XSX controllers. Bluetooth is not an option as far as I'm concerned.
    I was using the Xbox 360 wireless dongle, with a 360 pad, until the latest update. MS pretty much borked the drivers for that device with the latest update. I'd thought that a premium Z87 motherboard would have Bluetooth (Even my old Z68 board had that), but for some reason Asus didn't include that with their workstation grade motherboard. I'm using it with my Z390 rig now. I'll have to get a Bluetooth adapter and maybe an Xbox One controller to make that setup work.

7. The official adaptor is supposed to be much better than bluetooth. It has better range, lower latency, support for up to 8 controllers connected at a time, audio support, and it should support XSX controllers as well.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessori...dapter-windows

It's probably a little pricier than a BT dongle, but I've seen them bundled with a controller for slightly more than the the controller on its own.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The official adaptor is supposed to be much better than bluetooth. It has better range, lower latency, support for up to 8 controllers connected at a time, audio support, and it should support XSX controllers as well.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessori...dapter-windows

It's probably a little pricier than a BT dongle, but I've seen them bundled with a controller for slightly more than the the controller on its own.
    Actually, Xbox One controllers, after the S, are Bluetooth. It was the 1st gen Xbox One consoles that used RF. I'll check it out though, because I can get the black Xbox One controller from Walmart for $45, and I've seen links that show the device being sold there as well.

9. The later model XB1 controllers support both BT and the XBOX proprietary RF. BT is only there for laptops and mobile devices. All XB1 controllers still use the XBOX RF when used with the console. It has something to do with the audio tech used for XBOX. There's even a few headsets that use XBOX RF for the same reason. I'm not certain, but it seems like the adapter is using the XBOX RF standard.

10. The new Series X controller leaked (someone bought one on OfferUp for $35 which is insanely cheap). Packing says it's compatible with Series X and S (from rumor to confirmed!) Xbox One, Windows 10, Android and iOS. Looks like it does Xbox RF and Bluetooth.