Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 616181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: This Year's Haul: 2020

1. I'm just holding out to see if there's a revision to the PC dongle, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. Hopefully there will be another controller+dongle pack this time around. I need something that will work with my XB1 and my PC, and the wired options all suck.

2. I decided to order the Windows 10 Dongle from Amazon. It arrived today, so I went to Walmart to get an Xbox One controller. All they had left was this white one for $46.

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Is that a generic Bluetooth dongle?

4. It's a knockoff. I was using a generic Xbox 360 dongle, after my official one fell apart after a year of use. The 2 I've had for nearly 10 years, never had any issues until the latest Windows 10 update.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. Xbox 360 II

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I decided to order the Windows 10 Dongle from Amazon. It arrived today, so I went to Walmart to get an Xbox One controller. All they had left was this white one for $46.

I got this one for 44 bucks at Walmart.

I'll be honest in saying I've never really owned any Xbox systems before I got a 360 and then an Xbox One X. These controllers are fucking amazing in how they feel, play and overall perform. While I like the Dual Shock controllers on the PS4, these are on another level of comfort I didn't expect.

P.S. Gamevet, I ordered that case for the HD this morning so hopefully that'll resolve any issues. Also I'm waiting for you to finally get a Switch. >o
    Last edited by BonusKun; 15 Aug 2020 at 12:47 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. That’s a cool controller. So, you’ve never held the Duke?

I did see 2 Switches at my local Walmart today, along with several PS4s. They had zero Xbox controllers and consoles.

You know what you could do with your old PC? Turn it into a MAME machine.
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Aug 2020 at 01:22 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    That’s a cool controller. So, you’ve never held the Duke?

I did see 2 Switches at my local Walmart today, along with several PS4s. They had zero Xbox controllers and consoles.

You know what you could do with your old PC? Turn it into a MAME machine.

Yeah I've never held the Duke but I've heard stories about huge that thing was. Like I said before don't get a damn Switch Lite. Old people like us have enough problems with our eyes without trying to read super tiny text on small screens. If you do grab the Switch make sure you post about what games you'd want out the gate.

That's actually a good idea for this old PC. I still can't fucking find my disc for Windows 7 even tho I know I have it buried around here somewhere. I've decided to order that card also for that old PC as that'll probably help it run a little better if anything else. A MAME machine is something I hadn't thought of before.

Edit:

Last edited by BonusKun; 15 Aug 2020 at 02:21 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. All you need is a key. You can download an iso boot of Windows 7 and put it on a thumb drive.

I have several copies of Windows 7, but the keys have already been used.

9. I ordered both of these items from Etsy on August 3rd. The Psuedo Saturn cart shipped (from Alabama) on the 4th and arrived at the Irving Texas (@50 miles from my house) main postal hub on the 5th. It sat there for almost 3 weeks, before it was finally shipped over to Coppell this weekend. It finally arrived today. The seller shipped it 1st class too.

Meanwhile, the fan Translated Grandia, didn't ship from Tennessee until @ the 10th and arrived 4 days after it was sent. That seller sent it with media mail and it had arrived at the Dallas main postal hub a day later. It getting here earlier just didn't make sense.

I was surprised to see that the Psuedo Saturn cart came with the box.

The game loaded up without a hitch. Now I can play the fan translations of games like this and Policenauts.

Last edited by gamevet; 24 Aug 2020 at 05:36 PM.

10. I'd thought about getting the complete version of Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, but I couldn't pass up the price for the PS4 version. I ended up sending my brother the launch version, along with Tales from the Borderlands.

It was kind of sad to see Shenmue in the bargain bin, selling for $9.