Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7171920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: This Year's Haul: 2020

1. I need to try the fan-translated Grandia... I think I will wait till I get MODE and load it up that way.

2. I want to get a MODE for my Saturn. I was going to get one for my DC first, but it died. It boots up and then goes to a black screen.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I need to try the fan-translated Grandia... I think I will wait till I get MODE and load it up that way.
    That might be the best way. I've tried burning my own copies of several games and went through about half a dozen bad burns that I had to throw in the trash. I did get my burn of Radiant Silvergun and Powerslave to work just fine, but my burn of AD&D collection was missing the music soundtrack. I do plan on buying a fan translated version of Policenauts off of Etsy, from the same guy that did the Grandia set.

4. RAM prices are really good right now. I picked up an additional 16GB of G.Skill DDR4 3200 RAM for $58 from MicroCenter. Bumped my PC up to 32 GB, which should help Flight Simulator 2020 run smoother.

5. It's worth a try at $3.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Picked up Super Mario 3D All Stars. It looks great and appears to run pretty well. I heard there is some control issue for Sunshine since Switch doesn't have analog triggers, but I have not played this yet (either Gamecube or this) so I cannot comment.

7. It just uses two buttons for the backpack thing, because Switch doesn't have the trigger 'click' button.
    SM64 being 4:3 is pathetic, though. If some dude can port it to direct x in his spare time and include support for all aspect ratios, Nintendo should at least be able to support 16:9.

8. The triggers just open up the water valve. They don't control the strength of the water flow.

Last edited by gamevet; 18 Sep 2020 at 07:11 PM.

9. Heh, I miss manuals. One of the negative things I've hated they got rid of over the years.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Picked up a couple of 3DS games on clearance.