Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: This Year's Haul: 2020

1. Yeah, there's a demo on the eshop.
    I didn't care for it.

2. Gotta remember to read the bold print.

Well, to be fair, it's not like it says so on the cover or anything.

4. With the way the art looks in that game, I think it would come off really hokey in 3D anyway. There are very few parallax layers, especially in the foreground, and pretty much all of the detail is pre-rendered.

5. NGPC SNK Gals' Fighters on the Switch.

Spent a half hour with it earlier playing the the story mode once with Mai. Emulation seems great, not a lot of video options but the game looks great zoomed to near full screen with the bright filter on, although I really like the default filter to simulate the actual NGPC screen. I forgot just how great SNK did with handheld fighting games back then, leagues ahead of anything on the GBC at the time. I know Samurai Showdown II got released in Japan as well so hopefully we'll get that and some more. $8 is a great price for these, especially considering Gals Fighters is around $100 for even just the cart now.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. I had that game when it came out, but I barely put any time into it before it got stolen. All of the NGPC fighters are great. Fatal Fury First Contact seems to be regarded as the worst of the bunch, and it's better than any GB/GBC fighter.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Well, to be fair, it's not like it says so on the cover or anything.
    It's only blown up about 30% larger in the picture, than it is on the actual case. It's about 1/4" tall and my eye sight isn't getting any better.

It's not a big deal. I was just surprised to see that Nintendo's own game was 2D on their 3D hardware.
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 May 2020 at 09:05 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I had that game when it came out, but I barely put any time into it before it got stolen. All of the NGPC fighters are great. Fatal Fury First Contact seems to be regarded as the worst of the bunch, and it's better than any GB/GBC fighter.
    Yeah, that was my only game when I first got the system. Still played the hell out of it until I got Sam Showdown though.

I really hope we end up getting the 2 SNK vs. Capcom games. That was my fav of the fighters and I remember really loving Card Fighters Clash at the time. And I can always use more Puzzle Link in my life.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It's only blown up about 30% larger in the picture, than it is on the actual case. It's about 1/4" tall and my eye sight isn't getting any better.

It's not a big deal. I was just surprised to see that Nintendo's own game was 2D on their 3D hardware.
    They did that with most of their later 3DS releases, unfortunately.

Bums me out the most with Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. The 3D effect they did with Dream Team and Paper Jam looked really good, dammit.

Also it's pretty silly that Warioware Gold didn't use it, that series should have been all about embracing systems' gimmicks.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 16 May 2020 at 12:53 AM.

10. Smash Bros. even had some weird limitation in 3D if I remember correctly.