Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: This Year's Haul: 2020

1. That's more because it just had so much going on that it wouldn't have been able to run 3D and keep a decent framerate. I understand it in that case.

With the late-life releases, they just stopped doing it because they simply stopped caring to make the effort.

The lack of 3d is why I held of on the Strange Journey redux, which was one of my favorite DS games Bummer to hear the Mario & Luigis lack it, I was planning to get those remakes eventually. How were Dream Team and Paper Jam anyway?
    Last edited by Vasteel; 16 May 2020 at 03:47 AM.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

3. Dream Team has waaaaaay too much tutorializing and hand-holding but is good if you can get past that.

Paper Jam I didn't get too far into honestly before getting distracted by other stuff, need to go back to it. IIRC it's another victim of that dumbass Miyamoto mandate that they stop doing original characters for these games and just use a bland lineup of existing Mario characters.

And the SSS and BIS remakes are still worth getting. The graphics are a big improvement on the originals, and they added new mini side-story campaigns that are... well, the gameplay's not the best (basically recruit Bowser minions and fight others in a series of rock/paper/scissors army battles), but the writing's on point.

4. A lot of my stores have been finally opening up again in San Antonio but I'm still very wary of going anywhere other then work or shopping for groceries. I finally went to walmart for the 1st time in forever. Their PS4 and Switch sections are literally bone dry. I was hoping to maybe get a 2nd Xbox Controller but yeah, nothing at all.

I shouldn't be surprised. The lady working that section mentioned that they've been literally sold out of all TVs in back for weeks. I guess Trump ended up buying new TVs for people. I just picked up a random Switch game and headed home.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Instead of leaving your house and impulse shopping why not buy your games from the TNL member that has a fucking game store?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Instead of leaving your house and impulse shopping why not buy your games from the TNL member that has a fucking game store?
    That seems a bit harsh for someone going grocery shopping in a place that happens to sell games also. I'm as annoyed about this pandemic also but like Gamevet my job requires me to leave my home so chill out already. I wear full PPE just like he does when I'm out and about.

And to be fair to your point, I've picked up stuff from SSJN before and I probably will again.

I'm not sure how things are in your area but San Antonio has re-opened up a lot of places and even then I've made a choice to not visit any. Walmart was just a "Oh shit I need some milk etc" while I was in the neighborhood so I stopped on by.

Honestly I think even after this pandemic is over, I don't think I'll change any of my current habits about wearing PPE. A lot of people even tho they're wearing masks in stores are just gross.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 17 May 2020 at 09:09 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Yeah, people are nasty!

One time I was picking up Advil Cold and Sinus from the Walmart pharmacy and I was pretty grossed out. The pharmacist had dirt under her finger nails and they were pretty poorly trimmed. Most woman are pretty good about taking care of their nails.
    Last edited by gamevet; 18 May 2020 at 05:14 PM.

8. Civ 6 ps4. Yeeeah boy!

Rome has conquered it's first world. Some of these achievements are silly, though.

9. Was it free on PS +?

I just got the game for free on PC through the Epic Game store.

10. My local Walmart is under a remodel. They have several titles marked down., so I picked up Madden 18 for $5 (haven't played since 11 on PS3) and Prey for $9 on the PS4.